Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Off to see the Boney M, Brotherhood of man and the Osmonds at the weekend in Bognor, anyone else going?

Love it:thumbsup: wish I was.

This is like finding a long lost friend at a concert of thousands of people you don't know.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Off to see the Boney M, Brotherhood of man and the Osmonds at the weekend in Bognor, anyone else going?

Three of The Osmonds are on Breakfast (BBC1) shortly, talking about how they still love performing after FIFTY YEARS in Show Business. Sadly, Donny isn't one of them.

You also seem to have Mud and Heatwave, as well as tributes to Kool and the Gang, T Rex, Abba and The Stylistics to look forward to. Kitsch Heaven!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Love it:thumbsup: wish I was.

This is like finding a long lost friend at a concert of thousands of people you don't know.

This is for all of you who have woken up one morning and thought **** this, I'm going to take a shed load of Charlie, pop some silver tights and a cape on and go dancing. The star jumps on 40 seconds are sublime. I never tire of watching this. Rip Bobby we miss you.

http://youtu.be/5yTVWXYctoY

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This is for all of you who have woken up one morning and thought **** this, I'm going to take a shed load of Charlie, pop some silver tights and a cape on and go dancing. The star jumps on 40 seconds are sublime. I never tire of watching this. Rip Bobby we miss you.

http://youtu.be/5yTVWXYctoY

Superb , can't beat that sh!t :thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Three of The Osmonds are on Breakfast (BBC1) shortly, talking about how they still love performing after FIFTY YEARS in Show Business. Sadly, Donny isn't one of them.

You also seem to have Mud and Heatwave, as well as tributes to Kool and the Gang, T Rex, Abba and The Stylistics to look forward to. Kitsch Heaven!

Where did you get the info Mud will be there? that would be even better.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Off to see Big Country this Saturday @ Leamington Spa Assembly

Johnny Marr @ Northampton Roadmender on 21st Oct

Dan Baird & the Homemade Sin @ The Musician , Leicester on 8th Nov

Kast off Kinks @ Boston Arms in London (Ray Davies usually attends) on 22nd Nov

The Pretty Things @ The Musician , Leicester 23rd Dec

so pretty much all booked up for the rest of the year.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to Between the Buried and Me last night at The Haunt who were excellent, more progressive than I was expecting.

I have Winterfylleth in London on Sunday

Enslaved @ Concorde Monday,

Mammoth Fest in Brighton next weekend. If you are a metal head then Mammoth Fest is essential in my view, day/stage tickets still available, Onslaught, Feed The Rhino, Hang The ******* and loads more it's a great line-up and I hope the event is a success.

Other notables for me include MyrKur @ the Underworld in October can't wait for that one.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Never thought I would join in on this thread as I do not go to live gigs anymore and I have never been to festival until last weekend.
I went to the Looe music festival over 3 days last weekend, as Mrs Chopper was working there.
Hundreds of bands performed, the main stage was on the beach there were other marquees dotted around and every corner, alleyway, pub and restaurant had live music, it was fantastic as was the weather.
Anyhow, at the risk of ridicule as someone in my mid fifties and an old soul, jazz funk, reggae, lovers rock and Ska boy, I watched a band on Saturday night that were on just before the headline band (Jools Holland, Chris Difford, Ruby Turner and Rhythm and Blues Orchestra)
That band was Tankus The Henge, they blew me away, especially Jaz Delorean (what a name) on the honky tonk piano with smoke coming out of it.
Tankus may be a really well known band to the music lovers and festival goers on here but I thought I would just mention that I thought they were superb.
Anybody else know them, seen them, like or dislike them?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
U2 tonight and Django Django next Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here