CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Anti Nowhere League at the Haunt were very good last week,
May go to the Lewes festival at the weekend if work don't get in the way.
Booked up to go the the Rebellion festival in Blackpool in August and taking the wife to the We love the 70's weekend at Bognor in September :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Chromeo were great again, playing at Somerset House London.

First time at the venue, which was impressive and a nice size.

Once again Chromeo are only playing the one date in the UK this year, which is a shame but I'd recommend them to anyone, a great live band. Think Hall & Oates combined with Flight of the Concordes and a bit of recent Daft Punk all rolled in for good measure.

No gigs planned until Hot Chip in October but the Julie Holter and Mercury Rev gigs in Brighton are of interest, plus Richard Hawley is playing the Dome as the opening night of his new tour.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A weekend full of local talent

Tonight sees two of the best records by Brighton bands this year go head to head, Prince Vaseline & Clowwns at the Latest Music Bar.

Prince Vaseline - https://princevaseline.bandcamp.com/
Clowwns - https://bleedingheartrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/the-artful-execution-of-macho-bimbo

Whilst tomorrow sees 11 Brighton acts square off at Bleach - http://www.brightonnoise.co.uk/preview?p=105796&t=p

Both shows are £5 in I believe.

I wasn't as keen on Clowwns this time round. Not sure why, I think maybe they sounded far too crisp (the sound guy may have been too good).
Really enjoyed Prince Vaseline though.
I'll say hello next time I see you as I think I know who you are, James.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I wasn't as keen on Clowwns this time round. Not sure why, I think maybe they sounded far too crisp (the sound guy may have been too good).
Really enjoyed Prince Vaseline though.
I'll say hello next time I see you as I think I know who you are, James.

Please do! I was of exactly the same opinion as it goes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Heavy Trash were great last night. Jon Spencer's still got it. It was my first time at Sticky Mike's, quite endearing as a venue, but with limited space and only one entrance, it's not that easy to get around. Pretty odd audience: lots of old people, dancing and getting angry with one another.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Heavy Trash were great last night. Jon Spencer's still got it. It was my first time at Sticky Mike's, quite endearing as a venue, but with limited space and only one entrance, it's not that easy to get around. Pretty odd audience: lots of old people, dancing and getting angry with one another.

I forgot about it after a tiring weekend. Glad to hear it was good.

Sticky Mike's is a nightmare if it is full.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Woodentops, The Albert, 12 October 2015, Giant in full. Apols if fixtures.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Woodentops, The Albert, 12 October 2015, Giant in full. Apols if fixtures.

News to me, good news. The last time I saw them they were the highlight of an ICA fundraising do at The Dominion Th eatre. A night where they outshone The Kroros Quartet, Microdisney and David Bowie performing 'Look Back In Anger' on roller skates.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off to MELT! Festival today. Looking forward to this. Django Django, Young Fathers, Jamie XX, Jon Hopkins, Giorgio Moroder, Hercules and The Love Affair, Scuba, Marcel Dettman and the wonderfully cool Ellen Allien are all in my sights this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 66

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just got tickets to see Low in October. Even better, they are playing the Manchester Cathedral, should be the perfect setting.

Last band I saw was Ride, they too were excellent, although Andy Bell was doing his best to look like Liam Gallagher.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just got tickets to see Low in October. Even better, they are playing the Manchester Cathedral, should be the perfect setting.

Last band I saw was Ride, they too were excellent, although Andy Bell was doing his best to look like Liam Gallagher.

I'm none too fond of their output over the past decade, having really liked their earlier stuff. Their new single is about the best thing I've heard all year.

http://pitchfork.com/news/60075-low-announce-new-album-ones-and-sixes-share-no-comprende/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here