Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Latest Betting odds on next Albion Manager

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would be massively surprised if it's Carra, he and GNev have got a great gig on Sky doing their punditry and pointing out everyone elses mistakes without ever needing to take the plunge and risking their reputation by managing.

If it were to be an ex pro I think a long shot would be Rio Ferdinand as player-manager.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Would be massively surprised if it's Carra, he and GNev have got a great gig on Sky doing their punditry and pointing out everyone elses mistakes without ever needing to take the plunge and risking their reputation by managing.

If it were to be an ex pro I think a long shot would be Rio Ferdinand as player-manager.

I hope not - the guy has no clue about football. I had a conversation with him about grassroots coaching once and he was so absolutely clueless about the fact that kids play 7 a side and was adamant that 8 year olds play in full sized 11 a side goals and pitches. The guy is an absolute bell end.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope not - the guy has no clue about football. I had a conversation with him about grassroots coaching once and he was so absolutely clueless about the fact that kids play 7 a side and was adamant that 8 year olds play in full sized 11 a side goals and pitches. The guy is an absolute bell end.

That only shows that he is not up with childrens football and why should he be if he doesnt have children that it affects. That has no bearing on his knowledge of professional football. I have just asked my nephew who is 10 and they play 11 a side on a full sized pitch. I wouldnt really want him as the next manager but dont slate him for nothing.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I don't want a celebrity appointment. Some Premier League player from the past who can talk for England. We can get that clueless, suit wearing goon Jamie Redknapp in if we're going down that route. Someone modest with some experience of the Championship would be ideal.

Clement would be a Bloom-esque appointment. One of the only plus points i can see in regard to Tim Sherwood being chosen is he'll be bring Les Ferdinand with him. Which will be great for our strikers as someone else mentioned on another thread the other day.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think we may have to cut our cloth accordingly, Pinnochio from Southampton is wanting £3m a year to join Spurs, that's £57k per week. Now it's safe to say that some of the names bandied about would want a minimum of half that at say £29k per week (£1.5m a year), are we really in that league?

What do we think an Albion manager gets paid a year, £600k?

staben94

Jun 11, 2012
Greenwich/Hastings
According to Sky Bet, latest odds on next Brighton manager..

Tim Sherwood 10/11
Paul Clement 7/2
Chris Hughton 7/1
Gianfranco Zola 14/1
Rene Meulensteen 16/1
Malky Mackay 20/1
Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
Michael Appleton 25/1
Jamie Carragher 28/1
Nathan Jones 33/1
Steve Clarke 33/1
David Moyes 33/1
Phil Neville 33/1
Ryan Giggs 33/1
Gus Poyet 33/1
Eddie Howe 33/1

In my opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Sherwood, Rene Meulensteen, Steve Clarke or Eddie Howe take the managerial position.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Tim Sherwood 10/11
Paul Clement 7/2
Chris Hughton 7/1
Gianfranco Zola 14/1
Rene Meulensteen 16/1
Malky Mackay 20/1
Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
Michael Appleton 25/1
Jamie Carragher 28/1
Nathan Jones 33/1
Steve Clarke 33/1
David Moyes 33/1
Phil Neville 33/1
Ryan Giggs 33/1
Gus Poyet 33/1
Eddie Howe 33/1

In my opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Sherwood, Rene Meulensteen, Steve Clarke or Eddie Howe take the managerial position.

I've said all along that my first choice would be Steve Clarke. I find it strange that he's not being talked about for any of the jobs currently available. I thought he did a great job at West Brom and was unlucky to get sacked.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Tim Sherwood 10/11
Paul Clement 7/2
Chris Hughton 7/1
Gianfranco Zola 14/1
Rene Meulensteen 16/1
Malky Mackay 20/1
Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
Michael Appleton 25/1
Jamie Carragher 28/1
Nathan Jones 33/1
Steve Clarke 33/1
David Moyes 33/1
Phil Neville 33/1
Ryan Giggs 33/1
Gus Poyet 33/1
Eddie Howe 33/1

None of the above?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sherwood odds against for the first time - 5/4.

It would seem no money is being wagered on our next boss.

Milky now 1/8, why don't Norwich just employ him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It'll be Eddie Howe. He's hit the ceiling at Bmuff.

The same Bmuff who were able to offer Grabban better wages? Why would he leave that to come to a club with LESS money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here