The last lot of Olympic tickets went on sale today...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Although the majority of those who failed to obtain tickets for top events in athletics etc they are now getting excited to watch minor events which in normal times they would not cross the road to watch,of course they could still see the events they really wanted to see by taking the corporate route if their bank agrees to a large loan.
Lord Coe and his cronies have organised things so well that the ordinary man is over the moon when he gets tickets for Mexico v Swtzerland,OMG.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Refering to the thread title, this is not the 'last lot' of olympic tickets at all.

The one million people who applied in the initial ballot, but were unsuccessful, will then have an exclusive five-day sales period during which time different sports will be available from 11:00 BST each day, as follows:

13 May - Hockey, Tennis, Wrestling (Freestyle), Wrestling (Greco-Roman), Beach Volleyball and Football
14 May - Athletics (Race Walk), Athletics (Marathon), Canoe Slalom, Canoe Sprint, Shooting, Swimming, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Cycling (Track)
15 May - Equestrian (Dressage), Equestrian (Eventing), Equestrian (Jumping), Diving, Synchronised Swimming, Handball, Table Tennis, Swimming (Marathon) and Water Polo
16 May - Basketball (North Greenwich Arena sessions), Badminton, Sailing, Gymnastics (Artistic), Gymnastics (Rhythmic), Gymnastics (Trampoline), Judo, Taekwondo, Boxing and Fencing
17 May - Archery, Basketball (Basketball Arena sessions), Cycling (BMX), Cycling (Mountain Bike), Cycling (Road), Modern Pentathlon, Rowing and Triathlon. Olympic Park ground admission.

Any unsold tickets each day will be carried over to the following day, and the sale ends at 11pm on 17 May.

If there are still unsold tickets after this point, they will go back on general sale from 23 May at 11:00 BST.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Men's & Women's Team Sprint Qualifiers, Semi Finals, Finals and Medal Ceremony for me. :thumbsup:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So seems like those who got the least initially (nothing from the first two ballots) and moaned the MOST (and boy did they moan), end up with best tickets...... I'm happy as i was lucky to get something i wanted in the first ballot. Taking out "fairness" from the equation, Seb Coe and co (boom boom) have done a model job of maximising ticket sales really.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the real sports mad guys at our work, lost out on everything they went for.

The wealthy boss (with no interest in Olympic sports events ever before), made a legit' mass application for category D athletics tickets, and surprise surprise, got some.
Just to be part of it.

I suspect that the swimming, track cycling & athletics crowds, will comprise c.80% global & UK corporates, and rich punters as above.

Shame so many lost out.

Seb Coe faced some aggressive questioning on this from London Assembly members a couple of months back, and avoiding answering with stats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Although the majority of those who failed to obtain tickets for top events in athletics etc they are now getting excited to watch minor events which in normal times they would not cross the road to watch,of course they could still see the events they really wanted to see by taking the corporate route if their bank agrees to a large loan.
Lord Coe and his cronies have organised things so well that the ordinary man is over the moon when he gets tickets for Mexico v Swtzerland,OMG.

This.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

All untrue.

And for the record, the reason people are pleased with MEX v SUI, is that it's a two match session, with GB v URU straight after.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
All the real sports mad guys at our work, lost out on everything they went for.

The wealthy boss (with no interest in Olympic sports events ever before), made a legit' mass application for category D athletics tickets, and surprise surprise, got some.
Just to be part of it.

I suspect that the swimming, track cycling & athletics crowds, will comprise c.80% global & UK corporates, and rich punters as above.

Shame so many lost out.

Seb Coe faced some aggressive questioning on this from London Assembly members a couple of months back, and avoiding answering with stats.

If these sports mad jocks missed out and applied again and missed out again then they should be able to buy the "choice" tickets available now, shirley?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I can't get any until Sunday. I am hoping for morning of basketball and afternoon of crycle track. All on my birthday weekend! fingers crossed.

Think you are going to be disappointed then, as pretty sure you can only get tickets for 1 session under this round.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I queued for several sessions (and it is a rubbish system because it publicises sessions which are already sold out, for which you queue for 15 minutes, only to be told 'sorry sold out') but after about 90 minutes somehow I came up with 4 tickets for the Mens 200m final (with mens triple jump and 800m finals also thrown in). Cat B admittedly so not cheap, but to get a chance to see the Bolt gun live in the Olympic final, blimey, just hope he doesn't fcuk it up with a hamstring or a false start!

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
Got 4 tickets for the footie final at wembley so I'm happy. If GB get there will take the kids to toyr r us and sell 2 of them!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Think you are going to be disappointed then, as pretty sure you can only get tickets for 1 session under this round.

Exactly!

Bloody joke, I spent an hour trying to get Athletics tickets in various guises, ie different prices, different number of tickets etc. Nothing, nada. The worst thing is the website. You add tickets to your basket adn then request them, find they do not have any, then you have to remove from your basket and start again. Why can't you just tell me what's available, where and how much?

Anyway, rant over. Thanks to the guy that posted the dates of the tickets becoming available. I will try for basketball again on Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports