Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The last lot of Olympic tickets went on sale today...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I managed to stike lucky. I'm going to Australia for three weeks so I can avoid it.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Huh?

I had an email saying the next round of sales was on the 13th May....

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Got Old Trafford Footy tickets last week.

Seeing Team GB and then Uruguay so expect to be sitting down with Gus.

Well chuffed though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Huh?

I had an email saying the next round of sales was on the 13th May....

Those who applied but were not successful in the ballot last year, and who tried to buy in the failed resale earlier this year have first dibs (c20k people)

Then from 13th May, those who applied and were unsuccessful in the ballot have the next pick (c1m people) and I believe each day will be different sports

anything left after that period will go on general sale.

Relaistically, the biggest criticism is that 'real' sports fans missed out. I cant se that anybody who meets that description should be left ticketless after this.

Provided Ticketmaster's infrastructure can keep up!!!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I can only get hold of them from Sunday. I'd like to go and see at least one event, if only to just take in the atmosphere and everything.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We are currently experiencing high demand and the page you have requested is temporarily unavailable.

Sums up the entire process really...

Well it doesn't, does it? It simply means that an awful lot of people want to watch a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yay, got tickets for the BMX semi-final. My kids really wanted the BMX ones so I'm dead chuffed

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
4 tickets for the football at the Millenium Stadium, on Aug 1st. Mexico v Switzerland, followed by GB v Uruguay. 2 adults + 2 kids, for £64. Price is very fair, and buying the tickets was as simple as possible. My boys are very excited, which in turn makes me happy.

Billy Whizzkid

Aug 24, 2011
Womens 100 Meters Final/10,000 Meters etc on Saturday 04th. Pinching myself really.

4 tickets for the opening ceremony!!! I am cock-a-hoop! Although you have to wonder why these weren't available in the two previous ballots ... not that I am complaining of course!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I can't get any until Sunday. I am hoping for morning of basketball and afternoon of crycle track. All on my birthday weekend! fingers crossed.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Then from 13th May, those who applied and were unsuccessful in the ballot have the next pick (c1m people) and I believe each day will be different sports

Is it really as many as 1 million, I was hoping it was only going to me and I'd be able to get what I wanted on Sunday.....

Can someone explain why there are such a (relatively) high amount of tickets left when previous applicants (i.e me) weren't able to get them e.g 60,000 hockey tickets including apparently some at the lowest prices which is what I applied for before but didn't get any?

Are these new tickets they had held back to get good PR close to the off or is it people sending tickets back when they worked out that they didn't actually really want to go to all the things they had bid for because they actually don't really like sport and just pretended they did :glare:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Is it really as many as 1 million, I was hoping it was only going to me and I'd be able to get what I wanted on Sunday.....

Can someone explain why there are such a (relatively) high amount of tickets left when previous applicants (i.e me) weren't able to get them e.g 60,000 hockey tickets including apparently some at the lowest prices which is what I applied for before but didn't get any?

Are these new tickets they had held back to get good PR close to the off or is it people sending tickets back when they worked out that they didn't actually really want to go to all the things they had bid for because they actually don't really like sport and just pretended they did :glare:

Because the Hockey pitches hadn't been built at the time of the first ballot......

Because the amount of actual seats always changes between what you plan and what is the actual. LOCOG therefore went for a low estimate on the amount of tickets available. Its turned out that they can fit in more than they originally thought and so that combined with the huge number of hockey sessions means lots more tickets.

It's actually gone the other way at some venues. For the volleyball the capacity is less than they planned so there will be less available.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

According to the BBC yesterday, they're tickets held in reserve in case they were needed for broadcasters, or in case the view would be restricted, etc.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
According to the BBC yesterday, they're tickets held in reserve in case they were needed for broadcasters, or in case the view would be restricted, etc.

Because the amount of actual seats always changes between what you plan and what is the actual. LOCOG therefore went for a low estimate on the amount of tickets available. Its turned out that they can fit in more than they originally thought and so that combined with the huge number of hockey sessions means lots more tickets.

Fair enough, thanks for the info , still bet I don't get any :tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here