w
w
w
w

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We've had our bad blip. We cannot afford for it to continue. Realistically we will need to win 4 out of 5 to be sure of the playoffs. We have to hope that the attacking 11 that started against Leicester becomes our template for the run in.

Personally, I can't see it happening. Unless we go all Bournemouth and become invincible we will probably drop a point or two too many. Hope I'm wrong and the good news for all of you is that I often am.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bournemouth are unstoppable.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Looking at those fixtures individually I honestly think 15/15 but realistically we will drop points. I'll go for an optimistic 11/15

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I can't work out whether I want Wigan to get to the FA Cup Final (massive distraction), or get beaten by Arsenal (big let down, depression sets in). Either way, they could still slip up in the run-in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We may have to win them all !

Reading expected to beat Leicester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/reading/fixtures

Reading to get 10 pts = 73

Wigan and Reading might play out a draw so that would be 11 pts = 74

That means Albion need four wins and a draw. Three home wins, and a win at Huddersfield and then a visit to Forest for the last game of the regular season. It might have to be five consecutive wins. The games could not be any easier though.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/fixtures

Bournemouth and Ipswich might need the same sort of results. Basically four wins and leave to the last game.
But they can't do it because they are playing each other.
Ipswich have to visit Watford and Burnley so they have a tougher task.
Bournemouth have only two home games but they are as easy as you get except for the Ipswich game:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/afc-bournemouth/fixtures

Three clubs could reach the final game of the season on the same number of points. Brighton need to exceed a five goal difference if level on points. We have Charlton, Blackpool and Yeovil at home.

Say Reading get a GD of 15, this means three 2-0 would not be enough. We would need an extra goal or two. I don't think we will beat Charlton by more than one goal. I would be pleased if we beat them at all.

Reading must be clear favourites, but they have to beat Leicester. I can't see them failing as complacency has already set in at the Champions.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I still think three wins and two draws could do it - provided our wins enable us to build up a healthy GD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here