Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The lamb lies down on broadway.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Going to have to agree with you about this album, I was a big Genesis fan at the time and someone gave me The Lamb Lies Down for my birthday. Never been so disappointed with an album, apart from the title track and Cuckoo Cocoon I thought the rest was just plain weird.
:nono:

"Carpet Crawlers" I do not have a clue what it's about but I love that song. "Gotta get in to get out" apparently.

They all got together and did a new version in 1999 along with a video. Still makes no sense though :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going to have to agree with you about this album, I was a big Genesis fan at the time and someone gave me The Lamb Lies Down for my birthday. Never been so disappointed with an album, apart from the title track and Cuckoo Cocoon I thought the rest was just plain weird.
:nono:
Lilywhite Lilith was my favourite on there. Think I'll have to re-listen to Lamb lies down again soon, all this discussion has whetted my appetite! Wonder if there's time to nip out, get a bottle of red, and listen to it all before kick off ....................................

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
"Carpet Crawlers" I do not have a clue what it's about but I love that song. "Gotta get in to get out" apparently.

They all got together and did a new version in 1999 along with a video. Still makes no sense though :lol:

There was a Genesis documentary on Sky Arts last year explaining all about 'The LAmb' and what its about explained by band members.....

Digressing a bit I have tickets for Steve Hackett in Oxford in October......its just been pushed back to OCT 2021 FFS thats 16 months away!!!!

boik

The albums I tend to play from start to finish, and really luxuriate in are, George Best, Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, and Lifeforms, depending on what my mood is. One of those will always hit the spot.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
There was a Genesis documentary on Sky Arts last year explaining all about 'The LAmb' and what its about explained by band members.....

Digressing a bit I have tickets for Steve Hackett in Oxford in October......its just been pushed back to OCT 2021 FFS thats 16 months away!!!!

I got tickets to Steve Hackett at the Dome in Brighton, the same been push back to Oct 21. Saw him there in November last year, bloody fantastic show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here