Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The lamb lies down on broadway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't answer this question now as I prefer to listen to as much variety as possible.

25 years ago I had 2 CDs I played over and over, and 20 years ago I added another. These were:

Late for the sky - Jackson Brown
Live Dates - Wishbone Ash
VNV Live - VNV Nation

But the album I have played more times than any other over the last 45 years is probably this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEm0EaBRBjU&list=PLlRV9BCE7FAdgZj8l0_fouRBWiW7OZU5t

You old hippy you, I have worked out why you like so much frankly bizarre stuff these days....too much acid in your youth :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any Zeppelin but particularly physical graffiti.
Any maiden but seventh son takes preference
Muse
Sabbath
Early Bowie but have recently discovered Outside and earthling from his later stuff
Evanescence if I’m feeling melancholy
Jethro Tull is I’m feeling nostalgic
Linkin Park..

The list is pretty much endless

As an aside, I listened to Bowie’s final album a number of times yesterday (inspired by watching his Glasto set) . I had forgot what a masterpiece this is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The list is pretty much endless

Totally agree. I listen to a few albums each and every day and it’s really difficult to pin point anything I repeatedly listen to. I have some go-to albums for running but otherwise it can be anything.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
As mentioned, there are too many to mention.

One I have turned to many, many times on long trek back from away games is this beauty. Close the weary eyes,
take a paracetamol and cast yourself to another land.

View attachment 125846

Have you considered rehab?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I saw a recent Kerrang poll where this was number 1 Maiden album. As much as I like it I have never understood how this can top Number of The Beast.
One track sets this album apart imho.
Infinite dreams punk:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One track sets this album apart imho.
Infinite dreams punk:

Fair enough. Personally I think Run to the Hills is the ultimate metal song.. a song which has everything you want in a metal song imho. Hence my preference.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm too stoned to be bothered but if you look for the sound track of BARAKA on youtube there are some sumptuous tracks on it ....even better watch the film if you can find it .

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
did you watch the film...?? and the one before......great mind benders....:thumbsup:

Indeed. :thumbsup: I saw Koyaanisqatsi at The National a few years back with Philip Glass and orchestra playing the soundtrack live, which was actually a bit crap as the film wasn’t what I’d call ‘high definition’ quality and we had shite seats :lolol:.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Indeed. :thumbsup: I saw Koyaanisqatsi at The National a few years back with Philip Glass and orchestra playing the soundtrack live, which was actually a bit crap as the film wasn’t what I’d call ‘high definition’ quality and we had shite seats :lolol:.

saw Baraka at the imax in Sydney a long while back , space caked up .....bloody great film , wicked sound track , another good un is At Play In The Fields of The Lord.....bit of an art house special but if you can find it it's captivating...:thumbsup
:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Lady Hucker is away tonight. So decided to put on "The Lamb." Lights off. Sound turned up. Quite a while since I've listened to the whole album.

What an absolute classic album. So many great tracks. (A few strange tracks that need "help") Red wine doesn't have quite the same effect as whatever I was taking in during the 70s but......

What other albums do people turn to in order to lose themselves?

As Genesis is my favourite band of all time it can be anyone of their albums, but at the moment it is "Trick of the Tail" the whole album is stunning. From the open lyrics "Holy Mother of God" of "Dance on a volcano" to the beautiful "Entangled"

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lady Hucker is away tonight. So decided to put on "The Lamb." Lights off. Sound turned up. Quite a while since I've listened to the whole album.

What an absolute classic album. So many great tracks. (A few strange tracks that need "help") Red wine doesn't have quite the same effect as whatever I was taking in during the 70s but......

What other albums do people turn to in order to lose themselves?
Least favourite. They must of been on some powerful stuff to come up with that nonsense.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As Genesis is my favourite band of all time it can be anyone of their albums, but at the moment it is "Trick of the Tail" the whole album is stunning. From the open lyrics "Holy Mother of God" of "Dance on a volcano" to the beautiful "Entangled"

great album ...plenty of twisted memories along with john Martyn , joni mitchell , and obviously bob marley , burning spear , sugar minot,

innocent days and good drugs for the right price..

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Fair enough. Personally I think Run to the Hills is the ultimate metal song.. a song which has everything you want in a metal song imho. Hence my preference.
Know what you mean HT, I’ve been hooked on maiden since I saw them support Judas Priest in ‘79 at Southampton.
The only support act I’ve seen to empty the bar and get 6 encores

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Turning the lights out and wallowing in an album does particularly suit 'prog' tho...

Aside from indulgent 70s rock, I'd probably go for something like Power, Corruption and Lies by New Order.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Least favourite. They must of been on some powerful stuff to come up with that nonsense.

Going to have to agree with you about this album, I was a big Genesis fan at the time and someone gave me The Lamb Lies Down for my birthday. Never been so disappointed with an album, apart from the title track and Cuckoo Cocoon I thought the rest was just plain weird.
:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here