[Albion] The Kjetil Knutsen thread - get him in Tone!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kjetil? I guess some people are just desperate to get a drum in the Amex.

If he joins and we shithouse our way to a win against Chelsea at the end of October, and Chelsea's coach takes offence, will that be the Pott calling the Kjetil black?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two brilliant candidates.

It has to be Knuts for me though. Simply because, Di Zerbi reminds me of the **** Geoff Norcott!

44b3dd7ed62988fadf96095e2504f840.jpg

06d707f7854cf0e4b0c625a80ccd93c3.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Someone elsewhere saying Knutsen is very outspoken and likely to alienate the fans. Anyone heard anything similar?

If true, he sounds more like Poyet than Potter (in which case, Bloom unlikely to appoint him).

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
A Watford fan today told me they'd looked at Knutsen before appointing their now manager. Apparently they decided against Knutsen, which didn't fill me with much confidence

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A Watford fan today told me they'd looked at Knutsen before appointing their now manager. Apparently they decided against Knutsen, which didn't fill me with much confidence

Makes sense. After all they're famous for appointing the right manager.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He probably had the audacity to ask for a guarantee he’d have the job for more than a week.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Probably already been posted, but for those who haven't seen it Knutsen really pissed off Mourinho when Bodo Glimt met Roma in Europe last season, despite Jose's team being far, far more expensively assembled. Knutsen even got into a scrap with the Roma goalie coach and they beat Roma twice in four matches - all because of the artificial surface at their home stadium according to Mourinho. Pretty hilarious & impressive if you ask me :lol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379008 said:
If you don't know much about him, he's the Bodo/Glimt coach who beat Mourinho's Roma 6-1.

He plays high intensity, tactically fluid, pressing football with intricate passing triangles and overloads. Very similar to Potter in may respects, although his team have been more ruthless in front of goal.

Here's an excellent piece on his tactical work with Bodo/Glimt: https://coachhall.substack.com/p/fk-bodglimt-2020-season-tactical

i liked it until the ruthless in front of goal bit ....something we clearly aren't.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A Watford fan today told me they'd looked at Knutsen before appointing their now manager. Apparently they decided against Knutsen, which didn't fill me with much confidence.

Bournemouth have been sniffing about too (Knuts is 8-1 and Di Zebra 16-1). As Dyche has become the firm favourite, Knuts odds have lengthened.

Norwich also got very interested: https://youtu.be/L0Nz4VHrA9Q

I think the problem for EPL clubs (including Watford) is being turned down by Knuts rather than him wanting to come here but failing in each job application. I get the impression he needs an offer he can’t refuse, much like Potter needed to move from here to Chelsea.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports