[Albion] The Kjetil Knutsen thread - get him in Tone!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The only negative for Knutsen is that he doesn't have any experience from English football whatsoever and neither does his staff, other than Johansen (their Bruno) who played a season in England in the 90s.

They're also newer to management and still kind of finding their way. Earlier this season Knutsen & Kalvenes (ass man) got a lot of criticism for their behaviour during a few frustrating games, too much swearing and anger, and they said they had to improve it.

Knutsen learnt a lot from Östersund, he visited the club a couple of times and took many ideas, such as having a sports psychologist (Björn Mannsverk, remember the name) with a identical education as Potter. Obviously helped them a lot. For instance Ulrik Saltenes, the Bodö captain, was about to quit in 2015 or 16. He was a beast at every training session but the day before and during matchdays he had stomach pains and couldn't play properly and decided it just wasn't fun. Mannsverk and Knutsen taught him to relax and that he should only care about the things he could control - don't give a shit about the game until its actually game time. And now he's their captain. And there are many similar stories like that.

Knutsen is not as tactically innovative as Potter, they don't switch formations as often or fluidly, but he gets the maximum out of each player and they all develop well under him.

I hope TB dares to sign him up though it is obviously a risk.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Maybe not enough experience none in English football would be risky.

Agree with Justice here.

Big difference between the Norwegian league and the PL. Only 4 years at their top/2nd club getting sacked at his previous club.

Potter comparatives don't take into account Potters years in English football as a player and the many more years learning his trade. If he'd done a couple of years in the Championship ontop, I'd be very surprised if we go to this level of 'left field' appointment.

More left of the left field, over the hedge, across the ditch and in the bushes over the other side of the cornfield.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Got a few feels from reading the comments on twitter, quite a few sad Norwegian fans commenting about being really sad to lose him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10384210 said:
That Twitter account looks pretty legit, 260k followers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is one of the bigger xfer rumour accounts but I'm just not quite sure how this bloke would have received this information. Two very tight-lipped clubs and I dont think there is any agent involved.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The only negative for Knutsen is that he doesn't have any experience from English football whatsoever and neither does his staff, other than Johansen (their Bruno) who played a season in England in the 90s.

They're also newer to management and still kind of finding their way. Earlier this season Knutsen & Kalvenes (ass man) got a...

*splutter*

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Why are we in for this guy, He's nowhere near potter's level before he even joined, this is really Grim Shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why are we in for this guy, He's nowhere near potter's level before he even joined, this is really Grim Shit.

You seem a really good judge of things:

Coaches

Rodgers is good

Club owners

(regarding Tony Bloom)

I forgot, he has an immunity card with most on here.
P.s Caicedo had a fantastic game again, TB rubbing his hands together I wonder.

People's character

I'm more on potter's side now then bloom. This has to stop. You have only got to listen to potter's post match interviews this season and you can read between the lines.
One interview he said." We've sold TWO key players already." and "we've received over £150million for players in last 3 Transfer windows".

I Would **** off to a more supportive chairman, If anymore key players go before the end of this season.
And I would support potter for doing it. And Yes. Potter IS the reason we are in this league still.

The media

IMO I find very offensive that 99% of adverts show a mixed race marriage.

Midfielders and spelling.

Well if biss does go, I guess Tony wants the money more then top 10.

As Alzate and McCallister and Gross, are not good enough!. IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports