Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Kjetil Knutsen thread - get him in Tone!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Think he is the only option that would fit us like a glove.

Like Potter going to Swansea, an English team will take a chance on him soon and I hope it is us.

They nearly did. Heavily linked with Blackburn in the summer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
B'muff interested in him.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I do wonder if our lack of opposition to Potter's potential exit is fuelled by a perceived chance we could miss out on our number 1 target to succeed Graham?

I know we rarely (if ever) stand in the way of an 'employee' talking to another club, Potter and Cashworth for instance, so the developments in the last 24 hours are not a surprise to me. But I guess we may feel that Potter will be crowbarred out of Lancing sooner rather than later, if not by Chelsea then by someone else, and we may feel now is the right time to make our move for our next managerial appointment?

Clutching for silver lined straws I know, but just a thought that's been knocking around my head for a few hours today...

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Does anyone else suspect this has been known about in inner circles between Chelsea and Brighton for a few weeks...
1. Tuchel having some sort of personal issues which were affecting his and team performance so Chelsea would have been on red alert to replace
2. The Gilmour transfer seems very cheap to me. Perhaps used as a sweetener
3. The Brighton board are very quiet and accepting of the situation. Absolutely nothing coming from our camp. Cards close to the chest. Not unusual but if we suddenly announce a new manger in the next 24 hours it will seem a bit too well prepped.
In some ways maybe its a good thing. There was forewarning and its all part of the plan. Maybe its the trauma affecting my judgement :lolol:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Does anyone else suspect this has been known about in inner circles between Chelsea and Brighton for a few weeks...
1. Tuchel having some sort of personal issues which were affecting his and team performance so Chelsea would have been on red alert to replace
3. The Brighton board are very quiet and accepting of the situation. Absolutely nothing coming from our camp. Cards close to the chest. Not unusual but if we suddenly announce a new manger in the next 24 hours it will seem a bit too well prepped.
In some ways maybe its a good thing. There was forewarning and its all part of the plan. Maybe its the trauma affecting my judgement :lolol:

One of the goons on Talk Sport (can't remember who, and had to switch off quickly) mentioned we already had someone lined up but were just waiting on the Potter deal to go through.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
When I’ve read about this guy and seen his team play he seems very like Potter, in terms of how his team plays and how he conducts himself.
For that reason I’m in.
I also think this has all been too smooth for this to have all been precipitated by a sudden Tuchel sacking.
The other thing that makes this add up in terms of Knutsen is that he hasn’t gone elsewhere already.
Ok, so I may be adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5, but it’s just my hunch.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379008 said:
If you don't know much about him, he's the Bodo/Glimt coach who beat Mourinho's Roma 6-1.

He plays high intensity, tactically fluid, pressing football with intricate passing triangles and overloads. Very similar to Potter in may respects, although his team have been more ruthless in front of goal.

Here's an excellent piece on his tactical work with Bodo/Glimt: https://coachhall.substack.com/p/fk-bodglimt-2020-season-tactical

What a good article. Thank you for sharing it. I hadn't heard of him until just before I saw this thread, and saw him at 6/1 after the slight favourite Ange Postecoglou.

I can see why he is being looked at.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Yes, yes. I've already posted it twice, but there are so many threads!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
worth considering how bodo/glimt fans are gonna feel about this.

We are possibly gonna do to them exactly what chelsea just did to us.

pott kjetil black?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379400 said:
One of the goons on Talk Sport (can't remember who, and had to switch off quickly) mentioned we already had someone lined up but were just waiting on the Potter deal to go through.

Yep, it was jim White - I posted that one one of the other 300 threads. ‘Our sources at the club tell Brighton have their ducks in a row and know who they’re getting….just a case of slotting him in’

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Nope

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We all know what anagram that lot up the road will make out of his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here