Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Johnny-Come-Latelys

el punal

I am referring to our rather exciting ability of snatching goals in the dying minutes of games. If memory serves me correctly we have secured points from the 85th minute onwards against the following teams : Brentford (A), Palace (A), West Ham (A), Southampton (A), Chelsea (A), Palace (H), Chelsea (H).

I can’t think of any other Premier League team that have constantly buggered up the early leavers’ day by having the temerity to score so late on. So, Mr.Potter and the boys, please continue in the same vein. It makes me, an Albion fan, so ecstatic. Really there is nothing better than a last gasp goal to take three points or snatch a draw to make it feel like a win. :albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gosh. I hadn't realised we'd won all those late points.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Why the title ‘ Jonny come lately’ ???

People have been leaving on 80 mins since. Day 1 at the Amex.

Personally I won’t leave until the final whistle but if people want to miss late goals that’s their business and not mine ( or anyone else’s )

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Never left early never will if the lads have put in a shift and lost to a better team they still deserve a clap at the end. It has been a struggle at times to sit through the full 90 being an Albion fan over the years, it’s the hope that kills you.

el punal

Personally I won’t leave until the final whistle but if people want to miss late goals that’s their business and not mine ( or anyone else’s )

I was referring to the team scoring such late goals in the title description. :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Exactly…like you I stay until the final whistle …indeed until I’m ushered out by a steward…but if I were catching the train or buss..seeing those queues I might be different ..luckily I get to travel by car and although it can be a pain trying to get out of the Bridge car park it’s a tad more comfortable! Then are those that have a fair distance to travel ….would I prefer to see a full stadium at ninety mins? Of course but let’s not judge too much

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly…like you I stay until the final whistle …indeed until I’m ushered out by a steward…but if I were catching the train or buss..seeing those queues I might be different ..luckily I get to travel by car and although it can be a pain trying to get out of the Bridge car park it’s a tad more comfortable! Then are those that have a fair distance to travel ….would I prefer to see a full stadium at ninety mins? Of course but let’s not judge too much

I just don't have the bladder to sit in the car park for an hour followed by another two on the road. Taking a leak, parked on a dark country lane, in the rain, isn't ideal. Especially after midnight, on a school day. The five minute head start saves me an hour. And I have learned to celebrate if I hear a roar from the Amex as I pootle off, and delight in the pleasure of others. It isn't effing rocket science.

However I appreciate that there are some who would rather boo me (boo! BOO!) as I leave than watch the last five minutes of the game. How very queer. :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Read somewhere last week (think it might have been in a report on Palace match) that 33% of our goals have come after the 81st minute.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watford fans took it to another level last night. People leaving in the 74th minute after Narch's 2nd goal went in, when there was still 15 minutes added time to come. So they binned off over HALF AN HOUR of remaining time, in a crucial game, against a team who ship goals for fun. And its not like their ground is in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere like ours either.

Piss poor.

I am referring to our rather exciting ability of snatching goals in the dying minutes of games. If memory serves me correctly we have secured points from the 85th minute onwards against the following teams : Brentford (A), Palace (A), West Ham (A), Southampton (A), Chelsea (A), Palace (H), Chelsea (H).

I can’t think of any other Premier League team that have constantly buggered up the early leavers’ day by having the temerity to score so late on. So, Mr.Potter and the boys, please continue in the same vein. It makes me, an Albion fan, so ecstatic. Really there is nothing better than a last gasp goal to take three points or snatch a draw to make it feel like a win. :albion2:

Why is Chelsea at home on the list ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just don't have the bladder to sit in the car park for an hour followed by another two on the road. Taking a leak, parked on a dark country lane, in the rain, isn't ideal. Especially after midnight, on a school day. The five minute head start saves me an hour. And I have learned to celebrate if I hear a roar from the Amex as I pootle off, and delight in the pleasure of others. It isn't effing rocket science.

However I appreciate that there are some who would rather boo me (boo! BOO!) as I leave than watch the last five minutes of the game. How very queer. :shrug:

Hey Harry …I need to have a contingency plan even for my short distance :)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The last few minutes are the best time to score. It gives the opposition little chance to strike back.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's not something we've been working on, a bit from an emotional intelligence perspective (it ain't over until it's over), but also from a practical perspective (get Lamptey and Cucurella to tire out the opposition, and make maximum use of the extra yard of space we get in the dying minutes).

After out first draw with Chelsea, Tuchel said his players were exhausted. Then, just before our latest 1-1 draw with them, he said we weren't afraid to go 1 on 1 all over the pitch.

That's what confidence does for you.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Watford fans took it to another level last night. People leaving in the 74th minute after Narch's 2nd goal went in, when there was still 15 minutes added time to come. So they binned off over HALF AN HOUR of remaining time, in a crucial game, against a team who ship goals for fun. And its not like their ground is in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere like ours either.

Piss poor.

To be fair, we weren’t a lot different when getting spanked at home by Bmuff! I think the stadium was pretty empty by the time they had scored their 4th! Norwich are a very poor team and Watford were pathetic last night! Don’t blame the early leavers to be honest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here