Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
:lolol: this is fascinating, a once great party imploding. It would be wonderful if it wasnt so detrimental to our political system, eg brexit vote. Still, it is what it is, something else will rise up

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i heard last night that the membership has doubled since the last GE. this makes me think about the position of the existing MP, the argument from Corbyn supporters is that should fall in line behind him and support the leader because members say so. however, if half the membership werent involved in Labour at the general election, why should they have any hold over the MPs that stood and elected then, on a manifesto and leadship that the membership presumably dont support?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Strange sound heard down here in Worthing.

Must be the distant popping of numerous champagne corks from Conservative Party HQ as 2020 election victory is secured already.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Might open a nice bottle tonight. We need the rise of a new centre party, fingers crossed that comes from the ashes of this

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I just hope that Labour can really become a party to provide true opposition. The PLP needs to now get behind him and unite and see if they can start to repair the damage they have suffered.
It's not going to happen. They have had their party stolen away from them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I just hope that Labour can really become a party to provide true opposition. The PLP needs to now get behind him and unite and see if they can start to repair the damage they have suffered.

the question is, will he let them unite? most seem to leave cabinet or generally fall out with Corbyn because (they claim) he doesnt listen, doesnt meet them, and his people kept PLP members at a distance, even shadow cabinet members and one time supporters. the door was open but no one allowed through. will this change?

larus

the question is, will he let them unite? most seem to leave cabinet or generally fall out with Corbyn because (they claim) he doesnt listen, doesnt meet them, and his people kept PLP members at a distance, even shadow cabinet members and one time supporters. the door was open but no one allowed through. will this change?

I have no idea. How much of what we hear is spin and lies (by all sides)? I think he's a idealist but probably not a natural leader. British politics seems screwed at the moment, but look elsewhere in the world and there is disillusionment with politicians. Clinton/Trump as the 2 candidates in the US is a good example.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
If Labour MPs really believe he is unfit to be PM surely they must walk - how can they work to elect a man they know is incompetent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here