Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
John McDonnell, Shadow Chancellor on the Andrew Marr Show this morning...

AM: "You've said your main influences are Marx, not surprising but then Lenin and Trotsky. What did you learn from Lenin and Trotsky?"
JM: "Well, I've learnt what a mistake in bureaucracy can do...and that's the failures of these systems."

Yes John, all that oppression and 35 million deaths must be an administrative nightmare. God help us if this man ever gets anywhere near No. 11.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
John McDonnell, Shadow Chancellor on the Andrew Marr Show this morning...

AM: "You've said your main influences are Marx, not surprising but then Lenin and Trotsky. What did you learn from Lenin and Trotsky?"
JM: "Well, I've learnt what a mistake in bureaucracy can do...and that's the failures of these systems."

Yes John, all that oppression and 35 million deaths must be an administrative nightmare. God help us if this man ever gets anywhere near No. 11.

Who would you have as Chancellor ? Osborne who has WRECKED the nations finances ? Hammond a total DULLARD who can't count past 10 ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Hammond a total DULLARD who can't count past 10 ?

For a 'dullard who can't count' he's done quite well for himself hasn't he?

State schooling, 1st class degree in PPE from Oxford, MP since 1997,
Secretary of State for Transport, Secretary of State for Defence, and Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs... and now Chancellor of the Exchequer... amazing!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Who would you have as Chancellor ? Osborne who has WRECKED the nations finances ? Hammond a total DULLARD who can't count past 10 ?

Hammond can't count past 10? Really? Is that the best comeback you've got?

No - you're right. We can't have a chancellor who is low-key but apparently qualified to do the job. We need someone who is a bit of a character, that's what we desperately need right now. Someone who can describe his colleagues as f*cking useless one minute then call for party unity the next. Putting an IRA-loving Marxist in charge of the UK's fiscal and monetary policies should do the trick.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But he knows how to avoid paying his fare share, is that really a man you want as chancellor ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/millionaire-tory-philip-hammonds-200-3231876

Ernest quickly googles "Philip Hammond scandal"

The best he can come up with is this piss-poor article where the main accusation is: 'Unless Mrs Hammond is a higher rate taxpayer, the move could save the couple £200 a month in tax'

....thinks "Ah, sod it. I can't find anything better so I'll post this anyway. It will be a brilliant rebuff - I'll then ask if people prefer a Chancellor who might be organising his personal tax affairs efficiently or a Chancellor who is a self-confessed Trotskyite and who wants to dismantle the entire pharmaceuticals industry in the UK by bringing in their R&D into the NHS....and if that fails I can always fall back on random capitalisation and shouting Red Tory."

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ernest quickly googles "Philip Hammond scandal"

The best he can come up with is this piss-poor article where the main accusation is: 'Unless Mrs Hammond is a higher rate taxpayer, the move could save the couple £200 a month in tax'

....thinks "Ah, sod it. I can't find anything better so I'll post this anyway. It will be a brilliant rebuff - I'll then ask if people prefer a Chancellor who might be organising his personal tax affairs efficiently or a Chancellor who is a self-confessed Trotskyite and who wants to dismantle the entire pharmaceuticals industry in the UK by bringing in their R&D into the NHS....and if that fails I can always fall back on random capitalisation and shouting Red Tory."

How DARE you write THAT ? You must be another RED Tory

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
ICM poll:

Conservatives 43% (+4)

Labour 27% (-2)

Perhaps Corbyn is a deep undercover Tory who has been plotting the downfall of the Labour party for 40 years? That is more plausible than a Labour election victory with him as leader.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here