Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
and the largest party membership in Europe
and growing still, I think this is what what the tories look at with envy

I am the largest 'party' of British people in the hamlet I live in , here in France. However, that means absolutely f**k all in the great scheme of things.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's certainly not still growing, reports from Labour List (I think) report that thousands are cancelling their direct debit in protest at Corbyn's Brexit stance and as long as the Tories are in power, they certainly aren't in envy of the Labour Party.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yep. Sod the power and government, it's all about how many members you have.

it does in a British GE and the larger the grass roots the larger the army of door knockers

I am the largest 'party' of British people in the hamlet I live in , here in France. However, that means absolutely f**k all in the great scheme of things.
it does here in Britain

It's certainly not still growing, reports from Labour List (I think) report that thousands are cancelling their direct debit in protest at Corbyn's Brexit stance and as long as the Tories are in power, they certainly aren't in envy of the Labour Party.
its still a lot larger than the tories have and I refer you to the two previous answers

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
it does in a British GE and the larger the grass roots the larger the army of door knockers

it does here in Britain

its still a lot larger than the tories have and I refer you to the two previous answers
Of course it's larger but it's not still growing, as you claimed and all the while the Tories are in power and holding 15 point leads over Labour in England and leading them in Scotland then there's nothing about Labour for the Tories to envy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tubthumpers true colours being displayed at last.

I,m sure the residents of Stoke may well have a similar view of you and your Fatherland.

I'm absolutely sure they will have a similar view.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I understand that a number of streets in Stoke are named after servicemen who were given bravery awards after the First World War.

Maybe they are. Stoke is still a shit hole full of horrible people though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Yeah but the party membership consists almost entirely of children and ageing lefties - alright for garnering Corbyn votes but not a lot of use for anything else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
are you fully aware of what a pig ignorant, small minded, fascist little **** that makes you sound like?

No, because it doesn't. Drama queen. It makes me sound exactly like someone who thinks Stoke is a dump with some pretty grim residents. Have you been to Stoke?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

it does here in Britain

You keep reminding yourself of all these wonderous things as you sit through the next 8 years of Conservative government.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
As in? My grammar? Spelling? Sentence structure?

No, not at all. Spelling, grammar and sentence structure can be corrected, either by the author or by a sub-ed. Your problem is much more fundamental. You write dull drivvle. You write for yourself, not your audience, and in a way that fails to either inspire, interest or inform.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, not at all. Spelling, grammar and sentence structure can be corrected, either by the author or by a sub-ed. Your problem is much more fundamental. You write dull drivvle. You write for yourself, not your audience, and in a way that fails to either inspire, interest or inform.

Fair enough. I don't agree about inform though; I think my message gets across. But how would you suggest I can improve the other two attributes whilst keeping the central message?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm absolutely sure they will have a similar view.

Your last two comments show why Labour is f***ed under Corbyn.

Working Class people should be bread and butter for Labour and all they can do is sneer at them from their posh townhouses on politics they learnt from a book - where is your 'solidarity' with the working class?

Ah that's right, typical left wing loony Labour - hypocrites.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
No, because it doesn't. Drama queen. It makes me sound exactly like someone who thinks Stoke is a dump with some pretty grim residents. Have you been to Stoke?

Stoke has 4.6% of people on JSA, they are ordinary working class people you find up and down this country from Hartlepool to Dover and everywhere in between - you are the one out of touch, not them.

And Yes , I've been to Stoke (and Hartlepool and Dover for that matter)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Working Class people should be bread and butter for Labour and all they can do is sneer at them from their posh townhouses on politics they learnt from a book - where is your 'solidarity' with the working class?

He has a point Noel?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

it does here in Britain

Sadly most of the new membership have never knocked a door in the name of the Labour party.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
This will probably come back and bite me on the backside but I think Labour will hold on in Stoke. Everyone complained when Labour used to parachute candidates in but UKIP have done exactly the same, although at least Nuttall has put himself forward for a by-election unlike Farage.

It is likely to be close and UKIP don't have the ground game to get the vote out, plus I suspect a lot of Leave voters will stay at home.

Not quite so sure about Copeland though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stoke has 4.6% of people on JSA, they are ordinary working class people you find up and down this country from Hartlepool to Dover and everywhere in between - you are the one out of touch, not them.

And Yes , I've been to Stoke (and Hartlepool and Dover for that matter)

Interesting, why have you brought class into the discussion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here