Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ISIS Crisis: About Time Too Dave

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah that 5% of muslims in the UK will change our constitution, religion, and god forbid...open banks that dont charge interest.

Talking about the banks, what the hell are some people meant to think when they hear the word Sharia compliant. I'm sorry but this just gives me negative images.
Can people not understand why other people are wary about it, unless we are all being lied too and all these stories is just the media up to their old tricks.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Bash...Maybe if some of the lies about what Sharia actually is, hadnt been spread about by people who are clearly anti muslim, the fear may not be there...
What I would understand from the term 'sharia compliant; regarding banks would be that it would not charge interest...what is your interpretation... ?
Prayers and beheadings to obtain a loan?

D

Deleted member 22389

Bash...Maybe if some of the lies about what Sharia actually is, hadnt been spread about by people who are clearly anti muslim, the fear may not be there...
What I would understand from the term regarding banks would be that it would not charge interest...what is your interpretation... ?

Stoning, Whipping, covering up of Women. Those are the images I get.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
since you are so well informed can you please give us all a lesson on all aspects of Sharia Law,not just its relevance to the banking sector

How long you got? Thats the sort of request a complete ****wit would request isnt it.
The issue we are talking about is Islamic banks...why do you want to change the subject? Must be a BIG reason for you to want to move away from what we are discussing?
What is it?

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The problem is that a lot of these countries aren't at the same point in history as we are. There are places in Africa (non-muslim) that burn women alive for being witches - a lot like we did a few centuries ago. The same can be applied to Middle Eastern countries, beheading and hanging is macabre and atrocious by our modern standards - but we were doing the same thing not too long ago too.

For the time being these countries need strong secular leaders like Gaddafi or Assad. Syria was a beautiful, thriving secular country before the uprising - look at it now. Before we removed Hussein, Iraq was at a golden age of education - with 99% literacy for the first time ever... again, look at it now.

Turkey is a great example of how a Muslim country can thrive culturally, and how Islam can be peaceful, with lawfully enforced secularism.

....but I suppose it's too late for any of that now... The West meddling in Middle Eastern affairs has created the most dangerous and powerful terrorist group in living memory - with Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Libya and others set back 20-30 years.

Quite agree stuck in the 7th century. As you say the West should keep out of it. Let the Muslims slaughter each other or try for peace. Meantime get the Christian s out and exchange them for our radicals.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The problem is that a lot of these countries aren't at the same point in history as we are.

thats true. the Enlightenment occurred in western Europe and doesn't seem to have exported very well. but you're overplaying the situation, why was there an uprising in Syria in the first place? and Libya, Egypt, Tunisia. if Iraq really had 99% literacy and such a shining beacon of progression, why did it descend into chaos so quickly? we haven't sent the middle east back decades, truth is they never really caught up in the first place.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
thats true. the Enlightenment occurred in western Europe and doesn't seem to have exported very well. but you're overplaying the situation, why was there an uprising in Syria in the first place? and Libya, Egypt, Tunisia. if Iraq really had 99% literacy and such a shining beacon of progression, why did it descend into chaos so quickly? we haven't sent the middle east back decades, truth is they never really caught up in the first place.

Yep. Good points.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How long you got?
The issue we are talking about is Islamic banks...why do you want to change the subject? Must be a BIG reason for you to want to move away from what we are discussing?
What is it?>

i have plenty of time on my hands
i am not trying to change the subject.

bashlsdir mentioned he had negative images around the word sharia,firstly in relation to banking and then further expanding these negative images of sharia to include stoning whipping,covering up of women

try and read the posts please

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
i have plenty of time on my hands
i am not trying to change the subject.

bashlsdir mentioned he had negative images around the word sharia,firstly in relation to banking and then further expanding these negative images of sharia to include stoning whipping,covering up of women

try and read the posts ?please

Only a complete ****wit would request somebody to outline Sharia completely on a Football Forum...but, in your case. I would understand.
If something is Sharia compliant in the banking system, it means 'no interest'. Somebody worrying about Islamic banks would look into what it means wouldnt they? Oh wait.

All ok with that are you?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Only a complete ****wit would request somebody to outline Sharia completely on a Football Forum...but, in your case. I would understand.
If something is Sharia compliant in the banking system, it means 'no interest'. Somebody worrying about Islamic banks would look into what it means wouldnt they? Oh wait.

All ok with that are you?

perhaps if you are going to say to someone that has negative images of sharia which include stoning whipping and the covering of women

Well, for somebody who talks a lot on the subject, youre rather ill informed arent you.

you should at least be able to say why they are ill informed

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
perhaps if you are going to say to someone that has negative images of sharia which include stoning whipping and the covering of women

you should at least be able to say why they are ill informed

If you pay attention, you will see that I did....but..there you go...
'Maybe if some of the lies about what Sharia actually is, hadnt been spread about by people who are clearly anti muslim, the fear may not be there'

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Quite agree stuck in the 7th century. As you say the West should keep out of it. Let the Muslims slaughter each other or try for peace. Meantime get the Christian s out and exchange them for our radicals.

its not as simple as people being behind other cultures in terms of time. Roman Britain for examplewas culturally more advanced than Britain in the dark ages, arguably. Its not a straight line towards enlightenment by any means, although many on here believe that the here and now is the last word in sophistication.

What this current issue displays more than anything, is that assuming technological advancements equal or bring along societal ones, is way off. Europe in the last century used technology to facilitate killing millions of its people. We may think we at the apex of human society, but it doesnt take a lot to slip back a few steps.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It all boils down to when we bombed the shite out of the Middle East in the early 21st century creating an explosion of Islamic extremism. We created these monumental problems, it was doing fine before then.

of course, lets recall all those bombing campaigns.... oh, there wasn't any. there was invasion of Iraq, some strikes here and there in Libya. outside Gaza (separate issue), there's been very little bombing. Those extremist have been there all the time, ISIS leader have been siting around in Jordan/Syria for years. they just taken an opportunity, one that would have presented itself in the end. the Muslim world still cant get over its internal splits, as we see from Saudi and Iran sponsoring different factions in each conflict - far more involved than the west.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
your answer as to why someone is ill informed is because they listen to lies

'Maybe if some of the lies about what Sharia actually is, hadnt been spread about by people who are clearly anti muslim, the fear may not be there'

i dont think its possible to have a more one sided opinion of yourself,it must be your age :(

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
your answer as to why someone is ill informed is because they listen to lies

i dont think its possible to have a more one sided opinion of yourself,it must be your age :([/QUOTE

Opinion of myself? haha... I dont have an opinion on myself...
I dont have to have a stupid room name to make a 'statement' either... Must be your age.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If it helps I have got a fairly detailed account of what Sharia Law entails. It is written by an ex Muslim woman brought up in the middle east. When I get on my pc I shall post it. Similar views from other women, sorry no male views :-( lucky for the Muslim women that live in the West they do not have to adere... yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here