Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The injustice against Brighton

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Gross not last man. We had defender on the line plus Bart could have saved it. Not a sending off offence.
Bart being able to save it isn't really relevant, otherwise you can never a DOGSO where the keeper is back. And the rule isn't last man, but is commonly interpreted that way. Yes Dunk is back (I wasn't sure till just watching the highlights), but when Gross pulls the shirt Dunk is nowhere near it and isn't on the line yet. When considering the "location and number of defenders" I don't think he would have stopped a goal

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bart being able to save it isn't really relevant, otherwise you can never a DOGSO where the keeper is back. And the rule isn't last man, but is commonly interpreted that way. Yes Dunk is back (I wasn't sure till just watching the highlights), but when Gross pulls the shirt Dunk is nowhere near it and isn't on the line yet. When considering the "location and number of defenders" I don't think he would have stopped a goal
The penalty wasnt given for the pull back by Gross, Taylor deemed the tackle after being the decision to give the penalty, maybe thats why no sending off.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010

Decent analysis from this Liverpool fellow. If he is correct then it should have been red unless Pascal was making an attempt to play the ball or it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. In any event Pascal should have been booked.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We cannot think we have suffered an injustice today. How Gross wasn’t sent off is beyond me. It wasn’t a penalty either under the letter of the law.

Mac Allister should have got a booking but other than that the ref did really well today.
Many tactical fouls from Liverpool that were excused throughout the game. They weren't even sharing them out, so certain were they

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't think he did. It looked as if he played the advantage and after we recovered the ball went back to the foul by Pascal.
I think he did. He kept pointing to the area of Balebas fould, then var put him straight and he pointed to the area of gross' foul. He was poor the ref, let Liverpool stop attacks without booking them, Diaz kept fouling. Then books Baleba for nothing after no/minimal fouls from him.

And gave us two free kicks in dangerous areas for dives

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think he did. He kept pointing to the area of Balebas fould, then var put him straight and he pointed to the area of gross' foul. He was poor the ref, let Liverpool stop attacks without booking them, Diaz kept fouling. Then books Baleba for nothing after no/minimal fouls from him.

And gave us two free kicks in dangerous areas for dives
Baleba’s was a very obvious yellow though! Good foul, thought he did great to keep up with him to be able to foul him as hig legs had completely gone by that point.

Gross definitely got away with one. All in all, I thought the ref had a good game and was fair to both sides. Definitely fairer than I feared he might be prior to the game after the Spurs fiasco.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
I am so over this minute analysis of every decision made in the course of a game and how it has advantaged one team or disadvantaged another. If you go on the Liverpool forum they have page after page of meltdown about why Gross should have been sent off, how March dived for the goal scoring free kick, how there is a complete conspiracy against them in every game. All these incidents and decisions occur in split seconds and even VAR - which I loathe - is still down to opinion. Nobody seems to remember it was a fantastic game of football with a fair result. I am in the 'get over it, these things even themselves out over a season' camp.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I know this was a joke, b

Decent analysis from this Liverpool fellow. If he is correct then it should have been red unless Pascal was making an attempt to play the ball or it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity. In any event Pascal should have been booked.

But it still has to be a denial of a clear goal scoring chance and by the laws it wasn't.

That bloke is awful, taking part of the law and ignoring others.

It's a subjective call, not a howler as being painted, even if the ref got it wrong , I noticed now sky is pushing this hard again as it's Liverpool.

The worst thing the PGMOL started doing is apologising for subjective calls, opens this witch hunt up every week alongside nonsense of them being corrupt.

Refs still make less mistakes than players weekly.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can someone make a compilation of the three bookable fouls Alexis made?
1. On mitoma as he broke down the left channel
2. I think it was in gross as he approached the box and Alexis kicked him over
3. Again on the left in the second half as either mitoma or march were clear of him.

1 and 3 were basically the same as the one Baleba got booked for.

It was the right result and the special pleading from liveprool fans is weird.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Did Gross get the last touch for the passback of the ball back to our goalie or did the Liverpool player get a foot in and it came off him to the other Liverpool player as I thought If that's the case was there an offside. I only saw a quick replay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here