Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The injustice against Brighton

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Should have booked him first half as well, for a 'professional' foul on Mitoma. But he didn't book Gross - so fair enough.
Exactly …Mitoma taken down from behind ..no yellow and yet carded Baleba

Thought the free kick for the ‘foul’ on March which led to our equaliser was a joke

“We want a reply” was funny

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Having seen the Liverpool pen back, yeah it was one.

By the letter of the law the Van Dijk one wasn't, but I've seen them given this season.

Having said that, they got so many soft free kicks and got away with a fair few bookings. Nothing game changing though, and as said previously, that's the best we can hope for these days.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

By the letter of the law the Van Dijk one wasn't, but I've seen them given this season.

Having said that, they got so many soft free kicks and got away with a fair few bookings. Nothing game changing though, and as said previously, that's the best we can hope for these days.
Evening Alan :)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
When a ref is out to even things up and make sure he's not being pilloried by Jurgen Klopp or similar, they're never totally blatant, but they do things to maximise their chances of staying out of the headlines. Not booking Liverpool players in the first half, for things which are nailed on bookings is one of those things

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What was that, national love a scouser day? Can we have a replay?
:lolol:

It must have been like VAR last week and the bods had thought Gross was a Liverpool player. That was a sending off, no grey area. he denied a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Taylor was good today. Lots of niggles going on. MAC should have been booked and Solly should also have been booked in the first half for a full on shove during an attack on the left wing. VVD was not a penalty, thigh to hand.

Relieved to get the draw. I balanced Pedro's miss with them not going 3-1 up after Gravenberch somehow missed an open goal.

I've only just finished watching the match. A whole afternoon experience with quarter breaks. I do love the pause button. Does my health a lot of good to as if I get too nervy I just stop it and go and make a cuppa.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Suspicious offside in the build up ?
Fella behind me was convinced of it

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We cannot think we have suffered an injustice today. How Gross wasn’t sent off is beyond me. It wasn’t a penalty either under the letter of the law.

Mac Allister should have got a booking but other than that the ref did really well today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here