Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Huddersfield Post Mortem

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Only have Leeds to play away in the top 8. A game we will lose. Win every home game and Rotherham away and two away draws will see us through.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think our problem was that both full backs were poor tonight and didnt track or mark their man but in fairness to Pocognoli Murphy was non existant as support on our left.

And Knockaert did sod all to help an ailing Bruno. Mooy had so much control in the middle VLP, Brown, Kachunga and Wells could go where the **** they liked, they were only ever up against one defender as Norwood was about 5 yards behind everything.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm usually quite positive, but it's hard to take anything from tonight: we lost convincingly and had a key man sent off and suspended for another tough away game. This could well be our Middlesbrough 0-3 equivalent from last season; alternatively (and hopefully) it'll be the equivalent of the Rotherham 0-2, which was a watershed last year. I suppose the positive would be that we are still top and 5 clear of third with a game in hand. Need to react to this performance big style though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Watched SSN waiting for Hughtons interview. Never came, given up. Hopefully he's still giving them a bollocking. Absolutely abject today, but still top, move on.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

At least it wasn't as bad as this!!

If Huddersfield had been ruthless it could have been this sort of score!

But, i thought when we were down to 10 and actually started pressing for the ball, they gave it away to us several times, and with a bit of luck we may have sneaked another goal, and the momentum would have changed again.

I think it's the aspect of more than a couple of team changes have seemed to upset the balance of the team at the moment,
Time for pause, reassessment and undoubtedly a big change of personnel for Sunday, and we will still be top.

One last thing.
Once Akpom has been with the team more than two days, and knows how other's play, I think he could be that extra edge up-front we have been missing for the last few years, and a loan player will make the difference to finally push us over the line! :albion2:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

But, i thought when we were down to 10 and actually started pressing for the ball, they gave it away to us several times, and with a bit of luck we may have sneaked another goal, and the momentum would have changed again.

I think it's the aspect of more than a couple of team changes have seemed to upset the balance of the team at the moment,
Time for pause, reassessment and undoubtedly a big change of personnel for Sunday, and we will still be top.

One last thing.
Once Akpom has been with the team more than two days, and knows how other's play, I think he could be that extra edge up-front we have been missing for the last few years, and a loan player will make the difference to finally push us over the line! :albion2:

I buy this. Good post.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

One last thing.

Its the red kit jinxed

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

One last thing.

We were certainly a little more assured in the 2nd half - even after the sending off.

BUT, we had 2 shots all game. 2! When were we last that poor?

Thameclaret

Jan 7, 2017
We were certainly a little more assured in the 2nd half - even after the sending off.

BUT, we had 2 shots all game. 2! When were we last that poor?

There were a number of very poor individual performances tonight and a number looked tired. I personally believe the exit in the FA Cup will have hurt and dented the confidence.
It's at a time like this when the Manager earns his corn, I was though very surprised you didn't add to your midfield and defence to bolster what remains a very good position.
Over the last few years, one of the contenders at the top have fallen away in the run in and normally one team comes with a strong run...
It's been Derby and QPR recently, let's hope you turn it around...
Up the Clarets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here