Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Huddersfield Post Mortem

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm a bit worried about Bruno.

Very. He's deteriorated rapidly over the last 6 weeks or so with shockers at Fulham, PNE, and tonight. Would be much strong with Liam in there but obvs not happening. We should have kept Hunt because I dont want the Chelsea boy anywhere near the first team.

Kayal looked horribly off match sharpness tonight and Norwood doesn't look strong enough in a partnership with him. Maybe would be better with Sidwell.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
EVERYONE knows that Huddersfield employ gegenpressing, why were we not prepared for that? You cannot turn up away at a team that uses high-pressure tactics and try to play your normal game, you have to adapt.

Think Hughton will be just as disappointed in himself for the tactics (or lack of) that he deployed today as the players for their horrendous performance.

They needed the 3 points more than we did and we accepted that we were going to be on our back foot from the start. They want promotion as well so it was a must win game for them.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Very. He's deteriorated rapidly over the last 6 weeks or so with shockers at Fulham, PNE, and tonight. Would be much strong with Liam in there but obvs not happening. We should have kept Hunt because I dont want the Chelsea boy anywhere near the first team.

Kayal looked horribly off match sharpness tonight and Norwood doesn't look strong enough in a partnership with him. Maybe would be better with Sidwell.

You know sometimes you think something and you know you shouldn't and you feel a traitor and and and and.
What if his legs have gone? What is this is one wet Winter too far...?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Negatives:
It was a truly very poor performance today, it was men against boys.
Two bad performances in a row.
Another tough away match coming up very quickly.
Injuries/Suspensions to deal with.
Teams behind us continuing to put pressure on us.

Positives:

Every goal we conceded today had a big element of fortune in it (deflection/offside, tackle through ball, terrible cross made good by keeper error).
One less game to play.
One very tricky fixture out of the way.
Akpom looked lively when he came on.
We have, and will bounce back from this. Remember the terrible Cardiff show last year and what happened afterwards?
There is still a healthy gap to 3rd place, and we have a game in hand.
Oh and... We are still top of the league!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Negatives:
It was a truly very poor performance today, it was men against boys.
Two bad performances in a row.
Another tough away match coming up very quickly.
Injuries/Suspensions to deal with.
Teams behind us continuing to put pressure on us.

Positives:

Every goal we conceded today had a big element of fortune in it (deflection, tackle through ball, terrible cross made good by keeper error).
One less game to play.
One very tricky fixture out of the way.
Akpom looked lively when he came on.
We have, and will bounce back from this. Remember the terrible Cardiff show last year and what happened afterwards?
There is still a healthy gap to 3rd place, and we have a game in hand.
Oh and... We are still top of the league!

The biggest positives from tonight are:-

The Albion only lost 3-1
The team only had 1 player sent off.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Credit where credit is due, Huddersfield were the better team by far. We were terrible, but it is the third poor away performance on the trot. Tonight was so bad it gives CH plenty of material to look at and try and learn the lessons. No need to panic yet but a mahoosive kick up the arse has just been administered. Very poor tonight but we all know we are better than that. Bring on Brentford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Must find a way to retain the ball when under the cosh to relieve the pressure and buy some time. It's a weakness in our game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They had pace and we had almost none. Hemed and Murray up front made it easy for them to play out from the back and get their fullbacks forward, this is why whey always seemed to outnumber us imo.

As much as they played better than us all three goals were a bit soft, the third goal obviously was a mistake and taking a two goal lead just before half time near enough killed the game.

Dunk is a plonker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think so. In hindsight it was a job for Sidwell to start with either Kayal or Norwood. Kayal just back from injury didn't seem up to speed and Norwood isn't as experienced as Sidwell.
Recently Sidwell and Skalak were the mainstays in the 'must not lose' team.
Normally away from home against a decent team or when on short rest.

Overall I was quite please with the team when it was announced, I thought we were going for a 'statement' win and felt Norwood would assist that. (in every sense of the word)

That alone should have set the alarm bells ringing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Recently Sidwell and Skalak were the mainstays in the 'must not lose' team.
Normally away from home against a decent team or when on short rest.

Overall I was quite pleased with the team when it was announced, I thought we were going for a 'statement' win and felt Norwood would assist that. (in every sense of the word)

That alone should have set the alarm bells ringing.

:lolol:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
They had pace and we had almost none. Hemed and Murray up front made it easy for them to play out from the back and get their fullbacks forward, this is why whey always seemed to outnumber us imo.

As much as they played better than us all three goals were a bit soft, the third goal obviously was a mistake and taking a two goal lead just before half time near enough killed the game.

Dunk is a plonker.

Maybe, but in the first half he was probably the best player in the loathsome red shirts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think our problem was that both full backs were poor tonight and didnt track or mark their man but in fairness to Pocognoli Murphy was non existant as support on our left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here