Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Holmesdale Fanatics

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
17,200, a very poor turn out however you try and explain it away. Just over 15,000 for local rivals Milwall, only West Ham have taken them over 20,000 this season. The notion of a 40,000 seater looks pointless now, even we'd struggle to fill that.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I just find everything about Palace funny nowadays. The group singing in the corner, the drum, the display at the beginning, the Eagle flying accross the pitch, the shit crowds and the gobby twats who give it the big one in the stadium.............all very funny !!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I personally liked the eagle and how it almost took McShane clean out when the players came out for the 2nd half:lolol:

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
You lot want to get your stories straight - you got some barefaced liars on here trying to bluff their way along with "we couldn't hear you" and people on BBS telling the truth that you were completely outsung - non stop and loud from the Albion last night - put you to shame.

Fantasy, pure and simple but believe away.

I couldnt hear you particularly loudly in comparison with some other away crowds. Do you think im a liar ?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
On the radio we did seem louder, but I suppose it depends on where the mikes are situated. I can honestly say that at The Amex, we were louder than Palace. Oh and before any Palace fan says different, I sit right next to the away fans, and am being honest. The only team that came close to being louder than us were dirty Leeds. 1-1 sounded like a fair result, but it sounded from the radio more like the Stuart Attwell show than Palace v Brighton.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sure a lot of posters will post the same thing whatever the truth was, my opinion -

The Eagle - if somebody could train a seagull I'm sure Richie Reynolds would hold his arm out and catch it whilst "leading" fan zone.

Hopefully RR didn't hear the announcer shouting "eagles" before ko otherwise he might start that (with the S first obviously).

On the radio, I don't know where the commentary box was, but it did sound like the Palace fans sang a lot and loud last night, BUT there were only two songs all night and you didn't really hear our fans much. But as I said, that was probably because of where the commentary box was situated.

However the drum and goal music - that's just embarrassing - musically instruments at football whoever it is, is embarrassing

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
OK one last time.

This is my opinion, im allowed one.

I was sat 30 yards from you at the top of block X, you sang a lot, you were NOT loud, you went silent after our goal.
The Holmesdale I was 40 yards from they sang constantly, they were NOT loud, i have no clue what they sang after you scored was busy singing myself
Its possible that some of your volume was lost as i was beside you but then others have told me you were nowhere near the loudest this year from elsewhere.
I think its great that you came and sang and supported your club and enjoyed your support.
I do think though that it is petty small minded childish bollocks to keep banging on that our support is shit, its not and you know it, any more than yours is. Its a shame, i like NSC less after what ive read tonight, i know i know f off your boards then. maybe the daytime people are just nicer :)

I love the rivalry, but it brings out the worst in both our sets of supporters. We sang and you sang, and we couldn't hear each other because we were both singing.

I didn't think the display was pathetic. I'm sure you don't do it every week, and took it as a sign the game is improtant for both teams.

The interesting bit was the attempt by your fans to properly embrace the Ultras thing, in a way I haven't seen from other English clubs. The black (St. Pauli anyone?), the banner with gothic script, the songs, were all very European (I've been to a lot of games in Germany in particular, including St. Pauli many times). We responded sounding very British, which made the mix sound strange, but we were not quiet and neither were you.

I was quite embarassed in the way back to Norwood Junction, because the abuse Brighton fans were doling out to parents and kids (and the abuse coming back from similar minded Palace fans) did neither club's support any credit. And just like that, this thread has just disintegrated into abuse and is a bit pointless really.

But, can you have the rivalry without it?

me, I'm just pleased that we're back, properly back.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I love the rivalry, but it brings out the worst in both our sets of supporters. We sang and you sang, and we couldn't hear each other because we were both singing.

I didn't think the display was pathetic. I'm sure you don't do it every week, and took it as a sign the game is improtant for both teams.

The interesting bit was the attempt by your fans to properly embrace the Ultras thing, in a way I haven't seen from other English clubs. The black (St. Pauli anyone?), the banner with gothic script, the songs, were all very European (I've been to a lot of games in Germany in particular, including St. Pauli many times). We responded sounding very British, which made the mix sound strange, but we were not quiet and neither were you.

I was quite embarassed in the way back to Norwood Junction, because the abuse Brighton fans were doling out to parents and kids (and the abuse coming back from similar minded Palace fans) did neither club's support any credit. And just like that, this thread has just disintegrated into abuse and is a bit pointless really.

Shaun Thank you so much for this post, thought i was all on my own reading the posted dross this morning, Im not certain about the Ultras but they are trying and to some extent it has improved the atmosphere so Im not going to knock it.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
I just find everything about Palace funny nowadays. The group singing in the corner, the drum, the display at the beginning, the Eagle flying accross the pitch, the shit crowds and the gobby twats who give it the big one in the stadium.............all very funny !!!

Oh the irony of it all, Our shit Crowds? Your crowds for the last 3 decades doesnt compare to what we were getting. And at least we dont have to print song sheets out for our Netural fans, and dont flood the exits with 10 remaining. Lets not forget we done you on and off the pitch AGAIN, 4 points out of 6, No revenge for you, Cowards.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Oh the irony of it all, Our shit Crowds? Your crowds for the last 3 decades doesnt compare to what we were getting. And at least we dont have to print song sheets out for our Netural fans, and dont flood the exits with 10 remaining. Lets not forget we done you on and off the pitch AGAIN, 4 points out of 6, No revenge for you, Cowards.

:yawn:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My thoughts on the atmosphere were that both sets of fans sang a lot, but in that shitty stand (built around 1880), acoustics were probably not considered in the design. You are never going to hear the opposing fans to any great extent even if both sets swear until they were blue in the face that they sung themselves hoarse. I for one have a dodgy throat this morning.

But there is no excuse for a drum - that is for geeky nothing clubs like Watford and Reading. A drum at those places probably enhances the atmosphere though, because they don't have huge amounts of vocal support. Whereas at Palace - although a bunch of Nigel twats on the whole - they also have a few old school supporters and I'd imagine they must hate that drum as it makes getting a proper chant started.

And their ultras are a f***ing laughing stock, as was last night's crowd. 17,000 for us, 15,000 for Millwall - bollocks support, which would be funny if it wasn't the case we could probably have sold double our allocation.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought Freedman taking off a striker for a midfielder on 90 minutes said it all really. Palace were holding on in the end.

Kent

I have been going to Palace for 43 years but I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket.

It is bad enough that, as a middle-aged woman, I am herded around and treated with contempt by the OB, but my 74 year old parents have been forced, for the second time this season, on a ridiculous route march which eventually took us straight into the path of the Away fans anyway.

Add to that the fact that at 5' 1" I was able to see the square root of bugger all as the Holmesdale Lower stood for 90 minutes, I am seriously wondering if it is worth the effort any more:down:
pack it in love:wink:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Why is it that so many Palace fans are retarded ? There's a bloody good reason why our crowds declined, we didn't have the capacity. You don't get the crowds as your fans are just about smart enough to realise that now you have to pay what you can afford your team is little more than a development squad for bigger teams.

seems the voice of reason, thing is, football fans shouldn't be resonable, it's the make up of the whole thing, I mean i'll have a pop (on here) about the Palace in the Holmsdale where I was sat, who were fuckin nasty, they hate us and they hate gays, proper 'orrible pieces of work, however, some of our element (probably a similar number) are just as bad, but when they do similar, I just close my eyes and pretend it never happened. You can still have a bit of banter though, anyone see the gobby little lad about 16 with 'we 8 Brighton' on the back of his shirt? hats off to him for standing up to about a dozen of our,let's say 'lads', (although most of his referece was homophobic) and giving a bit of mouth, and indeed praise (if that's the right word) to the lads who very easily could have 'shut him up' but simply returned the verbals,
I'm really waffling here, sorry i'm hungover,

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Try again in English, you are an embarrassment to your club. Prick

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

You keep telling yourself that mate if it makes you feel better. Was brilliant to view all this going on last night, hadn't laughed so much for ages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here