Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Perhaps it would have been better if the Albion hadn't made this activation so public.

I reckon they did this so that Vicente could see the purely positive reaction from the fans, and - on the basis that we're a lovely bunch who never indulge in negativity or binfestery - that make his final decision to stay.

Oh. :(

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I reckon they did this so that Vicente could see the purely positive reaction from the fans, and - on the basis that we're a lovely bunch who never indulge in negativity or binfestery - that make his final decision to stay.

Oh. :(

Great word :bowdown:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
'Gate'? GATE? GATE?

The laziest, most puerile, most over-used, over-shat, over-bollocksed, over-clusterfucked clichéd suffix - wrongly used considering its original term - in the entire glorious English language...

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

I'm OK now. Sorry 'bout that. :)

Using 'Uber' as a prefix is a far worse crime than 'Gate' as a suffix (unless you're actually German of course).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
i like the cut of your jib sir. excellent post. you are in for a TREAT when you finally get a chance to visit the Amex, the whole match day experience will blow you away.

Thanks. Yes I really can't wait. The only game I saw last year (not on tv) was cov away and I left that wondering how we were not in relegation zone. I was in the cov end and they had a great time laughing at Casper.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm afraid you are incorrect. The '-gate' suffix is far more intolerable and (more importantly) prolific than the irritating 'Uber-' prefix.

No, no, and thrice no. 'Uber' is used by obnoxious men with strange sideburns, turn-ups and pointy shoes in trendy bars. 'Gate' is just used by nerds. I prefer nerds generally.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
'Gate' is used by lazy, unthinking, two-bit tabloid hacks to create an impression of outrage.

Mind you - 'uber' was pretty lazy, but then I did query it...

Fair point, well made. Whatever their merits or otherwise, I'm getting uber-bored of Vincentegate now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So if I called this saga Übervicentegate, would the thread explode?

Fair point, well made. Whatever their merits or otherwise, I'm getting uber-bored of Vincentegate now.

atom.jpg

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
What most of you cant seem to grasp is the fact he's a professiona/ footballer, after a big pay day. Its not about big crowds, shiny new stadiums, or how many pies and pints you can shift, its about getting as much as he can for his family. That is the way of the modern day footballer, but him going from the messiah. to a greedy bastard makes this riveting reading !

Unbelievable, given that no-one REALY KNOWS what is going on

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I know I'm late to this party but as we have taken up the option to extend his contract he cannot talk to other clubs can he?

With his fitness record I am not sure too many clubs will want to pay a significant transfer fee as well as decent wages to sign him.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I know I'm late to this party but as we have taken up the option to extend his contract he cannot talk to other clubs can he?

With his fitness record I am not sure too many clubs will want to pay a significant transfer fee as well as decent wages to sign him.

Correct. The only worry is that if he has been talking to other clubs already, which is possible, he MAY (and I have nothing to back this up) have set his heart on moving there, in which case things could get messy. What I suspect has happened is that an agreement is either close or actually in place already, but not yet physically signed, so we've exercised the option just to stop another club jumping in with a crazy offer at the last minute.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
he will go to villareal and we will get an "undisclosed fee." can't see it go any other way now.

if he wanted to stay he would have told gus by now. mondays training session needs some spies there.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Has Vicente ever cracked a smile ? He comes across as a moody, miserable fucker and I should know. It would be good if he signed but not if his heart is not in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here