The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Elche FC are a mid table team going nowhere.

We should play them over 2 legs for Vicentes rights.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have not posted here before but have kept up with developments through the forum.

My take on it is that the club had to exercise the clause and did so. He may stay or he may not. We must lot let this distract us from the bigger picture. What is the bigger picture?

He signed for us, which is the important thing. Gus sold the club to him and he came. Since then we have signed kaz, Thomas k and Bruno. We are going places. It is not long ago I remember googling mark mccammon to see what he was like and doug loft too. The club has come so far and it is incredibly exciting. Remember we did okay without him last year. The thing to remember is where we were just a few years ago.

I started uni in 1997 and we had just avoided relegation on the last day. My best mate at uni was a Leeds fan And used to feel sorry for me. Since then we have won consecutive league titles and play off final but been relegated again. Then we appointed gus just before the Amex. Look where we are now. Last year we finished above Leeds. Who would have thought that ten years ago. We have a ground which is the envy of the league, we have a chairman who LOVES the club and a manager in gus who plays great football.

Sadly I have still not been to the Amex as my wife works weekends and I have three young (3,2,2) kids plus I live in Warwick. Hopefully this season I will get down to see the ground and my stone in the ground from c2004 when the club was skint (excuse the pun). That will be a time I really reflect on where we are now compared to where we were.

Yes Vicente may leave but don't lose perspective of where we now find ourselves compared to where we have come from. We could be hawking tickets on groupon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well yes, I guess so. Though we may perhaps be more lenient with our demands if he's returning to Spain than if he signs for another club in England.

Probably - but not too lenient. With Paul Barber on-board I'd expect a much more robust stance on departing players.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Im just not bothered about this at all. Vicente is a class player no doubt but he hadnt yet settled into the team. There was great potential yes and with new players coming in it certainly boded well but nothing is definite in football and I dont think everything hinge son Vicente. If he stays then great but if he goes then he goes and the club have done the right thing by making sure we get money for him. With his contract up this weekend the club couldnt wait any longer and I would hope that Vicente understands this. He could of course agreed a contract with someone else before now and he didnt which suggests he wont throw his toys out of the pram now.

We'll see but dont htink this news needs 10 pages on it... which I have just contributed to.....:facepalm:

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have not posted here before...

Yes Vicente may leave but don't lose perspective of where we now find ourselves compared to where we have come from.We could be hawking tickets on groupon.

Great first post.. I look forward to more of the same! :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely it's just the agent trying to push up the wages/fees etc?

Otherwise, regardless of what Bruno said, it's a really shitty move from Vicente, and one that would certainly piss his wife off big time, and I think Bruno and his family to some extent. I don't see Vicente being that much of a dick.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I tell you something, we have the right people running this club of ours, people who care what happens to us, financially and otherwise, we are going places, with, or without the likes of Vicente.

Yes just think we could have that potless pillock as chairman still offering Vincentelot a tank of 4* to sign, we never want to go back to those dark days do we ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Apart from living back in Spain I cant see the draw of Elche FC.

Looks like they play in front of one man and his dog.

800px-Elche-Xerez.jpg

Jan 12, 2012
What most of you cant seem to grasp is the fact he's a professiona/ footballer, after a big pay day. Its not about big crowds, shiny new stadiums, or how many pies and pints you can shift, its about getting as much as he can for his family. That is the way of the modern day footballer, but him going from the messiah. to a greedy bastard makes this riveting reading !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What most of you cant seem to grasp is the fact he's a professiona/ footballer, after a big pay day. Its not about big crowds, shiny new stadiums, or how many pies and pints you can shift, its about getting as much as he can for his family. That is the way of the modern day footballer, but him going from the messiah. to a greedy bastard makes this riveting reading !

Yet Zaha, on the other hand, wouldn't think of leaving Crystal Palace, he just signed a 5 year contract, damnit!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You GENUINELY think he came to BRIGHTON for MONEY reasons? GENUINELY? Actually think about it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

A polite warning to stop now please. This is not going to become another ridiculous Palace/Albion tit-for-tat bollocksfest.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

good point, but im not too worried atm, we still dont know all the facts so most of this is all guess work.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I have not posted here before but have kept up with developments through the forum.

My take on it is that the club had to exercise the clause and did so. He may stay or he may not. We must lot let this distract us from the bigger picture. What is the bigger picture?

He signed for us, which is the important thing. Gus sold the club to him and he came. Since then we have signed kaz, Thomas k and Bruno. We are going places. It is not long ago I remember googling mark mccammon to see what he was like and doug loft too. The club has come so far and it is incredibly exciting. Remember we did okay without him last year. The thing to remember is where we were just a few years ago.

I started uni in 1997 and we had just avoided relegation on the last day. My best mate at uni was a Leeds fan And used to feel sorry for me. Since then we have won consecutive league titles and play off final but been relegated again. Then we appointed gus just before the Amex. Look where we are now. Last year we finished above Leeds. Who would have thought that ten years ago. We have a ground which is the envy of the league, we have a chairman who LOVES the club and a manager in gus who plays great football.

Sadly I have still not been to the Amex as my wife works weekends and I have three young (3,2,2) kids plus I live in Warwick. Hopefully this season I will get down to see the ground and my stone in the ground from c2004 when the club was skint (excuse the pun). That will be a time I really reflect on where we are now compared to where we were.

Yes Vicente may leave but don't lose perspective of where we now find ourselves compared to where we have come from. We could be hawking tickets on groupon.

Excellent stuff - you should post more often.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

It was reported in one of the Spanish papers that Vicente was interested in the''project'' Elche president was selling.

A half empty stadium and mid table obscurity, which is where they've been for the last decade is hardly an exciting project is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports