• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All Peston is stating is the obvious.

The Tories have a very slender majority in Parliament at the moment and they need to win seats off Labour.

The Brexit Party are targeting the very same seats the Tories are. They may have removed the threat of splitting the "leave vote" but now have turned their attention to splitting the anti-Labour one.

However if you are inclined to vote Brexit, having voted traditionally Labour I'd imagine you will vote Tory.

I'm not sure many will be persuaded by the "this isn't brexit" argument because frankly it would require a voter to read the technical detail of the actual agreement.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Robert Peston on ITV said on the news that he thought that Nigel Farage's statement will hand the keys of No 10 to Corbyn. He is the expert but I hope that he has read it wrong.

Clearly said the exact opposite

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This could open some pact between Labour and pro-remain parties. Kemptown is a constituency that could do with the Lib Dem’s and Greens pulling out. Likewise, that awful Lewes Tory needs a red card but she’ll be home free with all three progressive parties fielding candidates.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone think a FTA will be signed up to for the end of next year?

If they want to sign anything by end of 2020 it will be a bare bones agreement and a million miles with from fictionless trade that was promised a couple of years ago.

Basically we have a month a save Britain from Boris and his hard right Brexit sect...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Likewise, that awful Lewes Tory needs a red card but she’ll be home free with all three progressive parties fielding candidates.

The problem with many constituencies (Lewes is one) is that there's no universal agreement as to who the best challenger is. Lewes should be a Lib Dem target but they lost seats to the Greens at the last council election and the Greens think they're the second-placed party now.

In many cases, LDs and Labour will argue the toss as to who should have a free run. Throw in politicians' egos and I can't see many pacts being formed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
EJGLFMmWoAAHGad.png

Article now removed after The Sun was rumbled.

Carry on...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You come across as some sort of snob. I'm sure you're not.

I'm just pointing out that the board's resident right wing numpty is a friendless saddo who can't even grasp the irony that the politicians he champions will have him out on the streets within a year of taking power. Still, it must be worth it just to be able to not hear foreign accents on the bus anymore.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think and hope the same having lived through previous Labour governments and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Yet the country is f***ing glorious now isn't it? Have you even walked down a high street recently and seen the levels of homelessness, spoken to anyone who works in the NHS or the police or the fire service? Frankly it's virtually impossible for anyone else to come into power and do a worse job.

Jan 30, 2008
You have emotions? That software patch finally worked then.

Apart from that stupid comment it makes you wonder why we vote when some of our MP's disrespect their constituents,Obviously people like HKFC and yourself are happy with that type of democracy
Reap what you sow
Regards
DG

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A former aide to Boris Johnson is facing calls to stand down as an election candidate after Labour accused him of “disgusting racism” over some of his writings that blamed immigrants for bringing germs and HIV to the UK and accused Muslims of having divided loyalties.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/11/tory-candidate-anthony-browne-faces-calls-quit-over-disgusting-racism

Is Ppf standing for the Tories now that his beloved Nigel has shafted him ?

But anyway, back to this antisemitism malarkey :wanker:

Unfortunately PPF posted a further unpleasant anti-semitic comment whilst his first one was being assessed by the mods and received a further infraction, which resulted in his ban being extended under the totting up rules to three months.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm just pointing out that the board's resident right wing numpty is a friendless saddo who can't even grasp the irony that the politicians he champions will have him out on the streets within a year of taking power. Still, it must be worth it just to be able to not hear foreign accents on the bus anymore.

So, for a thicko like me, should Brexit happen then there is a blanket ban on immigration...from Europe or anywhere else?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Of course there is bias and spin on both sides.
But the right wing press is taking the lies to a new level for the Tories now.

This is a straightforward, out and out lie, knowingly printed in the Sun, and the Daily Mail (in almost identical form which would imply they are not doing their own research, just being told what to say, (this is just one of very many examples)
There may or may not be a sunsequent correction, but no action likely to be taken beyond that and the damage is done (the ideas are planted as truth in the minds of the malleable):

sun lie on land.png

The BBC lies for the Tories. That video of Johnson laying the wreath from three years ago (to cover up the mistake he made in having it upside down). And trying to claim that it was a 'production error'. Of course errors get made - but you don't 'accidentally' go back three years to find appropriate footage and 'accidentally' edit it in to create an impression of continuity. that is a skilled and careful job, not a 'production error'.

But at least called out as liars on Sky News, albeit not by the presenter:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1194154668852744192

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apart from that stupid comment it makes you wonder why we vote when some of our MP's disrespect their constituents,Obviously people like HKFC and yourself are happy with that type of democracy
Reap what you sow
Regards
DG

All those prospective Brexit candidates are reaping what they've sown, or rather Farage & Tice are. All those thousands of pounds paid to be candidates, and for pamphlets to be printed, only to be dropped like hot coals because Farage & Johnson have cosied up together. No refunds as Nige has pocketed it for himself.
It's all a massive Ponzi scheme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports