Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Andy Murray is such a class act, showing max respect to Del Potro at the end of the match. A long embrace between the two players borne out of mutual respect and genuine fatigue, two boxers punched out.

Ditto Rose and Stenson

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Very good effort by Marcus Ellis and Chris Langridge to reach the doubles Badminton semi-finals.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But before Charlotte and the dancing horses, take a bow Sophie Hitchon - Bronze in the hammer!

Sophie+Hitchon+Aviva+UK+Athletics+Preperation+-BW8OdbLztql.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The hammer that they throw is great for LUZZING across a field, but I don't imagine it being any good as an actual HAMMER. It's going to be pretty ineffective at knocking nails in to a piece of wood.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit harsh. I think she's a lovely looking lady to be honest, not that it matters.
Yeah that's my point, esp when considering the gold medalist looked like...

...Steve Bruce.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The hammer that they throw is great for LUZZING across a field, but I don't imagine it being any good as an actual HAMMER. It's going to be pretty ineffective at knocking nails in to a piece of wood.
Bet she'd have been good at LUZZING plastic chairs at the RUSSIANS in Marseille though. We'd have BATTERED them.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a last throw by Sophie Hitchon.

One of those judges is gonna get smacked by those hammers. I love the thought of spinning round and LUZZING them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CpwRApmWAAE5lY6.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a last throw by Sophie Hitchon.

One of those judges is gonna get smacked by those hammers. I love the thought of spinning round and LUZZING them.
It scares the crap out of me. I'm sure if I had a go I'd spin round a few times, fall over and end up LUZZING the thing straight into my own FACE.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Becky James Silver

Jesus wept how the fook did Becky James get silver from so high up on the track?

Thought she had no chance with a lap to go. Amazing stuff.

That's what the Olympics is all about. Superhuman effort from Becky, brilliant.

My new absolute favourite sportswoman. Determined, articulate, humble and beautiful. She must have advertising execs at the big sports brands camped in her front garden.

More of her please.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Charlotte Dujardin has put down a marker - 93.928%.

Apparently that's really good.

I preferred it 4 years ago when they danced to Elgar though, but the judges don't seem to mind that this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here