Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Friday night Arcade Fire fancy dress roll call thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good work. I'm guessing you were there with Royal Blood?

Yeah - had a great time and got to be amongst AF, QOTSA and Mew in the backstage area with their kids etc, Win's toddler offered me a drink from his beaker, I politely declined. Was sitting on a sagbag watching Switzerland-Ecuador with Win next to me on his laptop with headphones on looking up song lyrics for something (tried not to look over his shoulder too much). So surreal and was desperately trying not to blow my cover as a "normal" person.

Nice - how was the festival as a whole?

Yeah the festival was great, most of the bands I was seeing were known quantities for me to be honest but enjoyed it none the less. Wild Beasts new stuff sounds good live, and James Vincent McMorrow was interesting enough. Franz are always a great festival band. I came around to the Pixies a little as well, they put on a good show.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arcade Fire again tonight. An open air show in the woods. Decided to go for a blue-sequinned scarf. Wir konnen Helden!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nice. Also for the party time at NorthSide they went with Madness - Our House, rather than The Verve. Utter brilliant mayhem.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another great gig last night but what was most gutting is that a bar I frequent sent me a cryptic email yesterday morning offering me guest list for a party last night. I thought it was a bit odd and ignored it. I now understand it was Win Butler DJing and the core members of the band doing a set of covers. Re-reading it today all the clues, with the help of Google, are obvious. Grrrrrr.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here