Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fish and chip debate

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I lived in Hampden Park in 2008 and used to go over to this place. There was always a queue there which is a sign that it must be good. Food cooked to order and well worth the wait.

On my travels:

Blundells in Shoreham
Plaice in the Square Southwick
Athena B Station Rd Portslade

Blundells is dreadful, Tonys is the one in Shoreham

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's the one in Buckingham Road just up from the station.

Other alternative is the Rope Tackle Fish & Chip restaurant / take away

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Have you seen the Food Hygiene rating for Tony's?

I am very happy with my local: King's Fishbar at Lancing Broadway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My local is Potter's in Partridge Green. Used to be excellent when it opened a few years ago, but standards are slipping.

Word is, that he sells old fish.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So, I just got served fish without the skin on the bottom and got charged full whack, where as the other fish and chip shop is cheaper plus it has the skin on the fish....

....plus who the bloody hell puts ketchup on chips?
Brown all the way...

Anyways.. do you prefer skin on or skinless?

Used to like the skin, not any more. And .... red sauce all the way, plus a load of malt vinegar. Brown sauce is for dirty northeners.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Had a splendid cod 'n' chips from The Daily Catch yesterday. Sweet chili sauce as the condiment.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Went to Wyevale garden centre yesterday up at the racecourse in Brighton and had the best bit of cod (with chips and peas) I've ever tasted. Mind you, it was £8.30 but well worth it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
After seeing the advice on this thread I popped down to Fillets (Lewes Road) on Saturday evening and can only agree that the cod and chips were very good. Even had a lemon segment enclosed in with the fish. The premises appeared to be very clean as well.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Worthing Fisheries on George V Avenue is the best I know in Worthing and always surprises me how inexpensive too.

D

Deleted User X18H

Tammys round my way is excellent.
Captain Cook around the corner from me and a little further along Dyke Road, opposite Tesco in Hove. Not so much.

Sing Li after the Albion.

The new Turkish outfit opposite Al Campo on London Road looks promising.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
One thing that frustrates me with the modern chip shop is the lack of fish sausages etc in the warming areas, back in the day a simple request of sausage in batter n chips was in your hand and paid for in under a minute, these days they cook to order, I had to wait 20 mins last month for sausage and chips at Tammys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here