Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fish and chip debate

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Trident in Eastbourne is the best and they do Gluten free batter, they truly are superb

I lived in Hampden Park in 2008 and used to go over to this place. There was always a queue there which is a sign that it must be good. Food cooked to order and well worth the wait.

On my travels:

Blundells in Shoreham
Plaice in the Square Southwick
Athena B Station Rd Portslade

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is Bardsleys still good? I can remember queueing outside the shop when I was a kid.

this definitely and there was one in Coombe road at the bottom but unfortunately they moved away to hove somewhere (chinese) thr queque was half way up the road

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very sadly, when you have a healthy diet, things like fried food are out...it's years since I had fish and chips

:-(

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Another vote for sky high.

Bankers is very good for a sit down but parking is a pain.

I like the Regency for the atmosphere

Wolfies - ok but a bit full of beards.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Another vote for sky high.

Bankers is very good for a sit down but parking is a pain.

I like the Regency for the atmosphere

Wolfies - ok but a bit full of beards.

I like the Regency too, but I wouldn't exactly call it an ordinary fish and chip shop.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone know of a chip shop that sells a pasty? 3 chip shops in Newhaven and they all sell Pukka Pies.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I think Bardsleys is overrated. Jenny's on Preston Drove can be good if you catch it right.

Is this the one just down the hill from the Battle? If so, it used to serve the most disgusting chips known to mankind back in the 80s.

Three opinions; three disagreements here.

Bardsley's is still excellent. Jenny's has always been horrible. The chips at the Sing Li have always been good.

So there.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Three opinions; three disagreements here.

Bardsley's is still excellent. Jenny's has always been horrible. The chips at the Sing Li have always been good.

So there.

This Jenny's is rank and always closes just after Coronation Street for some reason.

Went in Sing Li a couple of weeks back for the first time since about 1998 to discover the prices were still the same. Happy days!

Bardsleys is by far and away the best in town. Great food and great customer service...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here