Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Falmer Cup 5 a side Charity Tournament - North Stand Chat - 27th June 2015

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good luck all. See you then.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Top effort today chaps!!! Some utter class in that side, we start building for FC'16 now!!!! I won't play, but will be happy to organise behind the scenes stuff

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Top effort today chaps!!! Some utter class in that side, we start building for FC'16 now!!!! I won't play, but will be happy to organise behind the scenes stuff

Yeah deffo! I'll have to buy some North Stand Chat 'were loose' football shirts to play in next time!

Well played today guys. If we'd gone in the Losers bracket maybe we could have gone further!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This all seems very cryptic - is someone going to tell the rest of us what happened?

We finished 2nd in the initial group stage, progressing into the next group stage which consisted of the Winners and Runners up of every group.
We did very well in the first group games but got a bit battered in the more elite second group stage.

If we had purposely come 3rd or 4th in the initial group stages, we would likely have had better results in the second group stage (consisting of 3rd and 4th placed teams).

Was good fun though.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Great day. Lots of photos to process once I finally get home.

Currently, my shot of the day -

image.jpg

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Fat & Old Thursday's won the tournament, winning the final 3-1.

Well organised apart from a lack of replacement match balls when a few went over the fence. Great to play at the academy too, it's an impressive site.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm not in the least surprised that F&OT won, they were in our second group and were very impressive. Fair play to them. I'm burnt to a crisp after sitting in the sun all day. I've also signed up to the gym this evening, being so far out of shape and so far behind everyone else has pushed me to do something about it!!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm not in the least surprised that F&OT won, they were in our second group and were very impressive. Fair play to them. I'm burnt to a crisp after sitting in the sun all day. I've also signed up to the gym this evening, being so far out of shape and so far behind everyone else has pushed me to do something about it!!!

Which team were you in? I'm presuming you played us in one of the first two games of the 2nd group stage.

Good to see Dick Knight at the presentation after, spoke well and passionately around the club losing touch with the fans and forgetting where it came from.

Have to say the Farmers pub is absolutely desperate, can we have the presentation at the training ground or somewhere half decent it was an utter shit hole.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A highlight for me was watching the ridiculous penalty shoot out in the semi final. It wasn't just the volume of penalties required c.40 but the drama it contained.

Most penalties were scored and when saves were made the ref made a brave call that the keepers had come too far off their line. Laquelle had two penalties to win but the same player missed two winning penalties.

The other keeper then turned his ankle whilst facing a penalty meaning a stoppage and change of keeper in the end the youngsters of Laquelle won the shoot out.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Photos from yesterday - http://www.photoboxgallery.com/danh_photos

All prints sold will have ther profits donated to the day's charities so please try to avoid just 'rinsing' them from the site. Drop me a message if you'd prefer to get a low-res (max. 600 pixels on the longest edge) digital file (suitable for Facebook etc.) and I'll find a way of getting a donation from you (£2 per file?) to contribute towards the day's takings.

Any questions, just ask.

Edit - if you use the 'slideshow' option you'll get a better view of each shot.

karlos278

Jul 28, 2009
As captain of the team that were defeated in the semi-final, I can assure you that the penalty shoot-out was not a highlight (it definitely was).

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
really enjoyed myself. elbow working again now but did notice last night that id re-broken my finger on the left hand. If you'll have me in goal again ill be fitter and better for next year.

Jack

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
really enjoyed myself. elbow working again now but did notice last night that id re-broken my finger on the left hand. If you'll have me in goal again ill be fitter and better for next year.

Jack

Blimey! Get mended soon mate :)

Was a great day as per usual, bring on 2016 :thumbsup:

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
A massive thank you from us to everyone who helped make this years Falmer Cup such a huge success, raising over £1000 for REMF, AITC, The North Stand Giant Flag Fund & The SWC Supporters Fund.

From last minute referee replacements to mad dashes back to Southwick for forgotten raffle prizes, it is always amazing to see Albion fans coming together and getting stuck in to make this tournament happen. It really couldn't happen without you all.

We'd like to especially thank our volunteers, referees, L&S Printing (whose support meant we had St. John Ambulance on-site which we're sure the injured player was very grateful for), and of course Dick Knight for taking the time to come and present the trophy. But most of all the players, who yet again took to the spirit of the event magnificently and raised much needed funds for four great causes.

We'd also like to thank Brighton & Hove Albion for allowing us to host the tournament at the incredible Amex Elite Football Performance Centre.

We are aware of the feedback from yesterday, and will consider our choice of venue for next year. Whilst it was great to see so many Albion fans enjoying the opportunity of playing at the training ground and enabling us to raise even more for the good causes, it presented a unique set of challenges to both us and the club and could potentially limit how we'd like the event to develop in the future.

Dan Aitch's fantastic photos are available to view and buy now with all proceeds going to the good causes.

And finally, although we're not quite sure what the Chelsea shirts were all about, many congratulations to the Falmer Cup 2015 champions - Fat & Old Thursday's.

Winners_LR.jpg

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A massive thank you from us to everyone who helped make this years Falmer Cup such a huge success, raising over £1000 for REMF, AITC, The North Stand Giant Flag Fund & The SWC Supporters Fund.

From last minute referee replacements to mad dashes back to Southwick for forgotten raffle prizes, it is always amazing to see Albion fans coming together and getting stuck in to make this tournament happen. It really couldn't happen without you all.

We'd like to especially thank our volunteers, referees, L&S Printing (whose support meant we had St. John Ambulance on-site which we're sure the injured player was very grateful for), and of course Dick Knight for taking the time to come and present the trophy. But most of all the players, who yet again took to the spirit of the event magnificently and raised much needed funds for four great causes.

We'd also like to thank Brighton & Hove Albion for allowing us to host the tournament at the incredible Amex Elite Football Performance Centre.

We are aware of the feedback from yesterday, and will consider our choice of venue for next year. Whilst it was great to see so many Albion fans enjoying the opportunity of playing at the training ground and enabling us to raise even more for the good causes, it presented a unique set of challenges to both us and the club and could potentially limit how we'd like the event to develop in the future.

Dan Aitch's fantastic photos are available to view and buy now with all proceeds going to the good causes.

And finally, although we're not quite sure what the Chelsea shirts were all about, many congratulations to the Falmer Cup 2015 champions - Fat & Old Thursday's.

View attachment 66446

We were delighted to have won, we really didn't think we would prior to the tournament. The guy pictured in the Chelsea shirt works to them and we needed a kit and assumed wrongly everyone would go with Albion colours.

Our player also made good use of St John's by damaging his cruciate ligament he has the x-Ray Tuesday to find out the extent of the damage.

The format was superb as it meant all teams regardless of results played a minimum of 6 matches. Every game we played was keenly contested without it getting out of hand and the ref's done a great job.

Hopefully it's at the Academy next year as the facility is great. The pitches are fantastic and good for 5 aside but bearing in mind fitness levels you could easily play 6 aside on there.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here