Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA Cup starts THIS Saturday....,,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure what the actual attendance was today, but not a bad crowd, hopefully there will be a decent turn out for the replay.
Shame about the no drinking outside the club house rules, the bar is far too small at Newhaven's ground.

When is the replay?

Not sure what the actual attendance was today, but not a bad crowd, hopefully there will be a decent turn out for the replay.
Shame about the no drinking outside the club house rules, the bar is far too small at Newhaven's ground.

No drinking outside the bar is the lower leagues equivalent of the no standing rule, out of date, totally pointless and hypocritical as it is perfectly acceptable at the same venue, at the same sport on a different day.

Problem is it causes ill feeling at all venues as non league regulars see the staff as being "jobsworths" when all they are doing is following (ridiculous) strict FA directions, and from the fans point of view, they're puzzled that they are not allowed to do something they did legally last week away at Biggleswade United and will be doing legally next week at home to Chessington n Hook.

The bar is the main source of income and the lifeline for many clubs, the FA should waive this rule in the early rounds of the FA Cup (Totally scrapping it would be too much to ask I'm sure)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Steyning Town beat Worthing Utd 4-2 at Worthing, there were beers in the Matt and Jacob stand throughout.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Got soaked an hour before kick off in Haywards Heath which made the decision not to visit Hanbury Lane for the first time.
Match ended up getting abandoned at half time due to another downpour a couple of hours later.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Got soaked an hour before kick off in Haywards Heath which made the decision not to visit Hanbury Lane for the first time.
Match ended up getting abandoned at half time due to another downpour a couple of hours later.

I went to Tunbridge Wells Beckenham and then weather was more entertaining than the game. First half I sat on the terrace behind the goal and it was beautiful. I checked the weather at half time and it didn't look clever so I went and stood undercover for the second half. About 4:15 it just all of sudden clouded over, the wind got up and it absolutely bucketed it down for about 20 minutes. It got so dark the ref made them put the lights on. Five minutes before the end it had all blown through and the sun came out again. Gotta love British summer time!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Why are Horsham playing at Lancing this year, does anybody know? Groundsharing with YM last few seasons?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Is that a club rule? There was no problem taking your beers into the stand or on the sidelines at Worthing Utd on Saturday. :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is that a club rule? There was no problem taking your beers into the stand or on the sidelines at Worthing Utd on Saturday. :shrug:

The rule is for FA Cup games, I'm not sure if anyone had pointed this out to Worthing United.
It is fine to take a drink outside the clubhouse on a league match day, I have done this many times.

At the Newhaven match on Saturday i got to the ground well before kick off, the bar staff said no drinks to leave the clubhouse.
Also 2 stewards were standing outside the clubhouse door to enforce the rule.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Seem to a few keen on non-league football in this thread, so, off topic here, but does anyone know if Southwicks clubhouse has the football scores on during the games? Either SkySports or BBC1?

Judging by the attendance they pulled against Bexhill on Saturday (17) I'm surprised they even open the bar.

The rule is for FA Cup games, I'm not sure if anyone had pointed this out to Worthing United.
It is fine to take a drink outside the clubhouse on a league match day, I have done this many times.

At the Newhaven match on Saturday i got to the ground well before kick off, the bar staff said no drinks to leave the clubhouse.
Also 2 stewards were standing outside the clubhouse door to enforce the rule.

Newhaven Saturday did exactly what the FA instructed them to so I've got no complaint against them, however Worthing United have been named and I could name several other clubs (but I won't) that basically ignore this rule. I'm confident we won't be spending precious cash on a couple of hired goons on Tuesday night.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Newhaven Saturday did exactly what the FA instructed them to so I've got no complaint against them, however Worthing United have been named and I could name several other clubs (but I won't) that basically ignore this rule. I'm confident we won't be spending precious cash on a couple of hired goons on Tuesday night.

They need to get that bar finished and opened under the stand ASAP, I wonder how many people sheltering from the rain in the clubhouse on Saturday actually spent any cash.

Great photo of you and the others under the pub garden umbrella :clap2:

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
There are more using the clubhouse than watching the game. The clubhouse is very well used by locals. The final results might be on but it's the horse racing they're there for.
It's hard to believe now that Southwick were once one of the top Amateur/ semi pro sides in the county with the ground now an absolute mess and just a handfull of p;eople bothering to watch the games there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here