Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Embarrassments of Crystal Palace FC

I apologise if this has been done before but I felt we needed a thread where we could go and continually list the embarrassments of that “massive” football Club – Crystal Palace.

Whatever incident that comes to mind, past or present, concerning our backward rivals from the wrong end of the A23 can be logged here. Be it major or minor concerning Club, players, fans etc.

Try and keep each of their many indiscretions to one per post so that we can build up an impressive list - hopefully we can reach at least 100. No doubt the Nigels will deny all but that’s the fun of it.

I will start us off -

The Great Wilfriedo Zaha is found to have demanded payment for attending a fans function where they intended to present him with an award.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You're obsessed with Crystal Palace!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nathaniel Clyne being voted fans player of the year and he couldn't be arsed to turn up and collect the trophy. Surely that can't be topped?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The fact that they produced a commemorative mug for beating Man Utd's second string team in a cup quarter final! Small time doesn't even begin to sum it up.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Only when I'm awake.

- self proclaiming themselves to be the team of the eighties and then losing 9-0 at Anfield.

You see I can't help it :clap:

I cant let that go.you make it sound like it happened in the same week!!

I think the press called us the team of the 80s when we got promoted in May 1979, we lost to Liverpool 9.0 in Oct ? 1989...over 10 years later!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
47 pages, I reckon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My favourite one has been the CONSTANT moving of the goalposts this season, regarding the "weeds"

1. You'll go straight back down - Err....
2. You won't finish above us - Err....
3. You won't finish top half - Err....
4. You won't get near the playoffs - Err....

and now, number 5 (FIVE), the one they're all harping on about now after being wrong FOUR times in a row, is...

5. Second season syndrome mate, you're going straight back down

Yeah...we'll see how that one pans out, eh?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
My favourite one has been the CONSTANT moving of the goalposts this season, regarding the "weeds"

1. You'll go straight back down - Err....
2. You won't finish above us - Err....
3. You won't finish top half - Err....
4. You won't get near the playoffs - Err....

and now, number 5 (FIVE), the one they're all harping on about now after being wrong FOUR times in a row, is...

5. Second season syndrome mate, you're going straight back down

Yeah...we'll see how that one pans out, eh?

Thats Just banter, its what rivals do....most Palace fans I talk to were quite aware that with a new ground, big crowds and the momentom of promotion, you would more than likely end up above us..in fact most of us were more concerned about us going down. But that wont stop me next season having a bet with my Brighton supporting mates about who will end up higher in the table its what rivals do!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thats Just banter, its what rivals do....most Palace fans I talk to were quite aware that with a new ground, big crowds and the momentom of promotion, you would more than likely end up above us..in fact most of us were more concerned about us going down. But that wont stop me next season having a bet with my Brighton supporting mates about who will end up higher in the table its what rivals do!!

It's just that on the BBS, they're STILL trying to paint our season as a failure - it's a bit childish, really.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Fair post. Rivalry is meant to be something that people enjoy - not sure why certain fans have to get quite so Balkan in their mentality.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Chrystal_Palace.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here