Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Earliest You Have Left An Albion Game

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Well ?

Some folk are upset about people leaving early, so I wondered what the earliest time people have left is.

Mine was at half-time v Norwich City a few years back.

I was in the South Stand and the people in my end section were behaving like twats and one lush was standing up behind me swearing continuously (I mean really offensive) and the stewards were doing nowt.

It was freezing and I hadn't been feeling too great anyway, so I'd had enough.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The moment the full time whistle has gone

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Many years ago out the Goldstone we left at halftime.
We were 3-0 down to Liverpool, it was pissing down with rain from when we first arrived about 1.30. Number 1 son had a little fold-up stool that he stood on in the chicken run and by the time the match started the water in the chicken run was about 12" deep and up to the top of his stool.

We went 3 down and were bloody soaked right through. So off we went, albeit reluctantly.

Needless to say, we ended up drawing 3-3, with Fozzie scoring the equaliser late on in the game.

Wasn't too bad though, it was on Match of the Day that night, so we did end up seeing our 3 goals. Always did feel guilty for wussing out, though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
15 minutes to go at our drubbing up at west ham last season. Furious with the team Gus put out and desperate to miss the rush for the tube.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There was a game at the Goldstone in 1996 against York I didn't even make 30 minutes not much to see after 15 odd minutes.

Oct 10, 2009
Brighton BN1 6GD
We left at half time of added time of the play off semi v Swindon at Withdean. Just out of hospital after surgery and the rain a problem got home to find a penalty shoot out. Never left early since!

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
My dad made us leave at half time 4/5 years ago at the Withdean. Can't remember who it was against but it was absolutely pissing it down, there hadn't been a single chance yet. Final score was 0-0 though.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Half time at a game v Carlisle during the withdean years. Rained so much my phone got ruined. Was already feeling the cold and under the weather .

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Have to leave dead on 9.30pm (ususlly 84 min)for a 7.45 kick off. Reason for this is to ensure I get my connection from Brighton and London upto Norfolk then an hour drive home(1.30am). If I miss a connection then is a night on the platform so to all those who tut when I do leave, u probably live a lot more local and its
not an issue!

If its any other kick off time then its on the final whistle

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Left the Amex at half-time on the day the floodlights failed. Was going to have to leave about 10 minutes early anyway as I was going to a gig in town, but due to the delay from the lights going I ended up leaving before they came back on.

- - - Updated - - -

Left the Amex at half-time on the day the floodlights failed. Was going to have to leave about 10 minutes early anyway as I was going to a gig in town, but due to the delay from the lights going I ended up leaving before they came back on.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I'm normally critical of the early leavers as cannot really understand why thousands of people need to a leave a game on a knife edge. But I must confess to leaving a game at withdean just after half time! I think it was Doncaster and the score was 0-0 and baking hot. Neither team could go up or down and it was 1 or 2 games from the end of the season and I had just witnessed the most dire half of football so thought f*** it if the players can't be arsed for this game then nor can I. Went to station pub and got pissed whilst watching sports Saturday!!! I done the right thing!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here