Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rescuing this from the bottom of page 2 to bounce with today's numbers :

Infections - 5,605, rolling 7 day down 3.3% (839k tests)
Deaths - 98, rolling 7 day down 34.6% (552)
Admissions - 360 (new low in this wave), rolling 7 day down 20.4%
Vaccs - 325k 1st and 169k 2nd (easily the highest no. of 2nd jabs so far) - cumulative 28.6m and 2.5m
People in hospital - 5,461 (not updated from yesterday)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Rescuing this from the bottom of page 2 to bounce with today's numbers :

Infections - 5,605, rolling 7 day down 3.3% (839k tests)
Deaths - 98, rolling 7 day down 34.6% (552)
Admissions - 360 (new low in this wave), rolling 7 day down 20.4%
Vaccs - 325k 1st and 169k 2nd (easily the highest no. of 2nd jabs so far) - cumulative 28.6m and 2.5m
People in hospital - 5,461 (not updated from yesterday)

Good to see the 2nd jabs get on the move. Should really help the most vulnerable. Expect April to be a good one for second jabs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last Saturday’s data. Patient numbers at 20% of the 24th January nadir.

3F4FDF70-486E-4FEF-8314-B80DAE037ABE.png

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Last Saturday’s data. Patient numbers at 20% of the 24th January nadir.

View attachment 135214

Unfortunately, most of those that were in ICUs, have died rather than recovered and also a large proportion of those that have died, did so outside the 28 days so don't appear on the official figures. There will be statistics but the Gov wouldn't release them but looking at when they introduced the 28 day limit, I seem to recall the numbers when form about 42k to 36k so applying the same ratios, the total deaths could be in the region of 140k!!

Of course the plus side is that far fewer are actually now going into ICUs so things are moving in the right direction.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, most of those that were in ICUs, have died rather than recovered and also a large proportion of those that have died, did so outside the 28 days so don't appear on the official figures. There will be statistics but the Gov wouldn't release them but looking at when they introduced the 28 day limit, I seem to recall the numbers when form about 42k to 36k so applying the same ratios, the total deaths could be in the region of 140k!!

Of course the plus side is that far fewer are actually now going into ICUs so things are moving in the right direction.

a) wrong thread
b) post your data source if you're going to make counter-claims (on the main thread) - 'most' and 'large proportion' - it's almost as though you're guessing.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

This is the Good News Thread.

Bore off!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If you’re going to break the thread rules enforced by the Mods for a year, with your political speech, at least get your facts correct. The FT is seen as the reliable publisher of total excess death data.

F2DAD8AE-21B4-4B59-B512-9E74FCC1F35A.png
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] / Mods, please permanently ban [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] from this thread.

He couldn’t help himself, deliberately trying to spoil the theme.

Attachments

• 4E368533-1731-45BA-A2F0-48D7A0878A71.png
    4E368533-1731-45BA-A2F0-48D7A0878A71.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 240

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I do rather think that if the opening word of your post is "unfortunately" its a strong clue that it isn't good news

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

There's a whole sub-forum for this stuff. Post it there.

If you can't then your access to this thread is gone. Final warning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Coronavirus good news
@Coronavirusgoo1
·
2h

UK Covid situation:

Patients in Hospital: Down 86% from peak ↓

Patients on ventilation: Down 83% from peak ↓

7 day average of deaths: Down 94% from peak ↓

Percentage of adult population that has received at least one vaccine dose: 54.6% ↑

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1374825019021402120[/TWEET]

This suggests we should keep seeing hospitalisations and deaths dwindle.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1374835782708568064[/TWEET]

Vaccines work.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If you read my last line you'll see that I confirm it's all heading in the right direction. Apologies if you failed to detect that!

Go away.

All you do is pick arguments. How is your post Good News?

Please stop this poster on this thread. It's important to a lot of people (me included).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you read my last line you'll see that I confirm it's all heading in the right direction. Apologies if you failed to detect that!

You can't dress your post up as good news simply because you sandwich tiny snippets of hope amongst the negativity and political posturing. No-one should be trying to score political points at all on the GNT.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I strongly suspect you know what you're doing. Please just stop (on this thread). Thanks. And don't bother replying again unless you have some well sourced, genuine good news to present without dressing up in a narrative.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I strongly suspect you know what you're doing. Please just stop (on this thread). Thanks. And don't bother replying again unless you have some well sourced, genuine good news to present without dressing up in a narrative.

Have not posted for ages but this is a good news day.Had my first jab this morning here in Perth Oz.Second one booked for mid June.Went home mowed the lawn while the wife cooked a full English.It doesn’t get much better than that.Now a trip to the Amex again appears a lot closer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here