Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
549k first jabs yesterday, total now over 12 million.

Slightly down on last week but fantastic all the same.

Around 380 packed the rafters Amexes, 12 million people who will soon be protected from severe covid, it’s really astonishing when you think about it. :clap2:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I must say as well referencing my earlier post Re: nosediving numbers, the case numbers have really gone down so dramatically it makes you wonder if something more is in effect, I remember reading that greater levels of infection and immunity eventually lead to a faster decrease in cases (herd immunity?) in some areas? A distinct possibility with the help of vaccines also?

Difficult to compare to the first wave in April as the testing numbers were so vastly different, but certainly interesting, hopefully one day we will know just how many have actually had the virus, if you think how many younger & healthier people have had the virus already + those who have had the vaccine, it must be a very high number.

Also about side effects of the vaccine as I’ve seen a few mention it, apparently there is significant correlations between those who have had the virus before and those who get more side effects.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
[MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION]

I too am on the Novavax trial my next appointment at the Leeds trial is next week - 3 February. My main question will of course be what are the next steps on whether I take national roll out of Vaccine (particularly as over 50's are due to have it by end of March). Of course to make to make that decision I need to know whether I have had the Novavax jab or placebo.

I will ask about the trial allowing those that had the placebo to have the Novavax jab in order to stay on the trial.

I will let you know more next week

Did you get any update on the crossover in the trial? I see it’s been OK’d in the US trial.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
ITU at Conquest down from 20 to 12 at the moment which is good news although all in there at the moment are under 50. Apparantly all are very overweight, bmi over 30, most into 40's.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
ITU at Conquest down from 20 to 12 at the moment which is good news although all in there at the moment are under 50. Apparantly all are very overweight, bmi over 30, most into 40's.

Are you sure you should be posting this personal information (re "all being very overweight" )....?

"

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Are you sure you should be posting this personal information (re "all being very overweight" )....?

"

What's the difference between stating their age (which you don't have a problem with) and obesity?

People need to know being overweight contributes massively to being in ICU or it might sound like more 'younger' people are suffering extreme COVID.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What's the difference between stating their age (which you don't have a problem with) and obesity?

People need to know being overweight contributes massively to being in ICU or it might sound like more 'younger' people are suffering extreme COVID.

I have a 'problem' with all the information that the poster put on this forum.

I strongly believe that if that particular post is brought the attention of the Conquest Hospital, they would at the very least, be 'disappointed' that personal information on their patients at an incredibly difficult time for the patients AND their family is put out in the public domain.

Saying 'some' patients are overweight , does not specifically relate to anyone in particular. To say ALL 12 patients in ITU at the Conquest Hospital are obese
is giving out personal information.

It is seriously wrong and those giving a thumbs up on your post are very odd to say the least.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Fine if you think people who disagree with you, myself included, are odd, but please remember this is the good news thread.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fine if you think people who disagree with you, myself included, are odd, but please remember this is the good news thread.

It really isn't 'Good news' when people seriously abuse client confidentiality.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

None of us know the clients. If we did have a friend or family member in there we would be aware of their general state of health. If it had been mentioned that all 12 were over 70 you wouldn't have made a peep.

It is good news to know about the disease, information helps prevent it occurring more seriously.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Seriously man, leave it.

This is a good news thread and whatever your point of view calling people 'odd' is not good news.

I understand you don't like information being stated but people have taken great comfort from knowing the numbers are reducing in ICU's in our local area.

Let's agree to disagree and get the thread back on track. I'm sure we can all agree the numbers reducing is indeed very good news

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Let’s repeat this to get the thread back on track

https://twitter.com/ukcovid19stats/status/1358447492736679937?s=21

���� 12,525,735 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have now been administered in the United Kingdom.

+550,468 doses in the latest 24hr period.

12,014,288 people have received their first dose, with 511,447 of those having a second dose (fully vaccinated

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Come off it. No-one’s identity or personal information/confidentiality been compromised or abused. It’s comforting (for me at least, and I imagine many other reading this thread) to know - from the real world - that people in reasonable health are extremely unlikely to end up in hospital with Covid, and also useful for those not in great health to understand the higher risks they may be exposed to.

Anyway, wrong thread for an argument - happy to continue on the main thread if you think there’s been a GDPR breach.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brighton & Hove cases by specimen date, very similar to the national curve, maybe even marginally better. Dramatic fall.

C4A84BF1-A8C6-4E72-861C-AD87207CD874.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for posting that I missed that, I’m guessing that helps explain why nobody who’s had the vaccine yet has been hospitalised, even though some test positive. Fantastic news. :thumbsup:

More brilliant stuff isn’t it ?

So much positive news coming out at the moment. Key numbers plummeting and all following the same trend (and logically, with expected time lags), and a continued flow of good news from the biggest ‘live trial’ of a vaccine there has ever been.

We’re well on the way to coming out of this. I’m becoming increasingly convinced day by day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here