Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this weekend

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Derby WILL beat Newcastle. I'm certain of it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Results never go our way, you can predict the worst possible set of results, which is probably a Leeds win in the only game where points will be dropped from the chasing pack.

It's seriously worth doing multipliers on these.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stop putting Weds in your accumulators :)
It gets the money up, with 2 x top 6 matches I need a bump from somewhere.

They'll easily beat Wigan and the worst case scenario means I'll be consoling myself with £200 instead of £80.

TBH if each time everyone else wins nets me £200, I'll have a lot of soul searching to do :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stop putting Weds in your accumulators :)

Indeed. The entire POINT of these should be to take financial compensation from a shit set of results - the 'no-lose' aspect, that if you've done your cash, it means that one of our rivals has come unstuck.

The others all winning and Wednesday slipping up means you lose money AND there's no big Albion plus.

Mine will be on ONLY Reading and Newcastle wins, I think. Maybe Leeds too, not decided - not sure if a Hudds win would be that great.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are playing Brentford where we normally get well beaten, pressure is on regardless after last night's capitulation.

Season defining week maybe?

The last time I suggested a match might be season defining was the game against Norwich...

I've been to Brentford 4 times in recent years and haven't seen us lose. Unfortunately, on Sunday I'll be at the Amex watching the beamback.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm hoping Wigan beat Sheffield Wed to get the weekend off to a good start. They've signed eight players including Omar Bogle so there could be a surprise tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:wrong:
I've been to Brentford 4 times in recent years and haven't seen us lose. Unfortunately, on Sunday I'll be at the Amex watching the beamback.

Interesting, which games were those? I have seen a 0-2 cheers whoever it was who gifted them 2 goals very early in the game and I believe two 1-4s Brentford certainly got 4 in both. Have you see us win there?

Edit I have checked and seen 0-4 but cannot find another heavy defeat, maybe I imagined it or I am a clairvoyant :jester:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting, which games were those? I have seen a 0-2 cheers whoever it was who gifted them 2 goals very early in the game and I believe two 1-4s Brentford certainly got 4 in both. Have you see us win there?

Yes. Poyet got a win there, and another one which I can't remember immediately. The other two were draws.

Edit, Just remembered Hughton & it was the FA cup.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In my mind's eye I had us down to lose at Huddersfield and Brentford because they both play a brand of football that we struggle to deal with, particularly away from home. I'm looking to the Burton and Ipswich games before things start to improve.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After so thought, I've taken the advise to not bet Wed tonight.

But my reasoning isn't 100% sound, a part of me didn't want the bet over before it started, on Friday night.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Classic commentary: 'Does that extra 6 inches really make a difference? I never found it did'
No reply from co commentator on that gem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here