Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this weekend

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Then he should have said that. This squad and ethics has been built in 3 transfer windows and under CH in 18 months. The first 6 months he did virtually nothing except inherit the previous Managers squad and assess it and work with that for the first 6 months.

If Jap Staam doesn't want to be misquoted or misinterpreted he shouldn't use phrases which suit or are geared to suit his own ends. So lets say he is correct in that Brighton are ahead of them but they are definitely not 3 years in the making ahead of them and they most certainly did not come down from the Premier League with parachute payments in their wallet like Reading did

It seems you're focusing on one little phrase. It doesn't matter if it was 3 years, 2 years, or even 1 year, fact is you're ahead of us in terms of time to build your squad and style of play and compete at the top of the division, we've had a matter of months and are competing very well considering we have a whole squad of new players and a manager in his first ever job. I don't think it was arrogance, he just probably doesn't know your recent history as well as you do.

For the record, parachute payments have contributed little to where we are right now. In fact, it's our last year of them, the smallest amount we'll receive and we took them in advance to pay off debt last year. We received much more a couple of seasons ago and still had to sell one of our best players to avoid administration. Such were the shenanigans of the Russian...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It seems you're focusing on one little phrase. It doesn't matter if it was 3 years, 2 years, or even 1 year, fact is you're ahead of us in terms of time to build your squad and style of play and compete at the top of the division, we've had a matter of months and are competing very well considering we have a whole squad of new players and a manager in his first ever job. I don't think it was arrogance, he just probably doesn't know your recent history as well as you do.

For the record, parachute payments have contributed little to where we are right now. In fact, it's our last year of them, the smallest amount we'll receive and we took them in advance to pay off debt last year. We received much more a couple of seasons ago and still had to sell one of our best players to avoid administration. Such were the shenanigans of the Russian...

His phrase on Brighton was only 4 or 5 words long. It is not like I have misquoted or misrepresented him. He used the words , not me. You are trying to defend someone who made an incorrect statement. If as you suggest he doesn't have the knowledge then he shouldn't have made the comment.

I really can't see your defence

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Our 'building' only really started the Summer before last with perhaps the January window included. At most we've been working towards it for half the time your manager suggests.

I don't mind what he says, managers can't know everything about other clubs but his statement discredits how quickly CH turned us around from a relegation scrap into overachievers in his first season, missing out on promotion by GD.

I understand he wants to give himself a little more wiggle room:wink: but I certainly wouldn't rule you out in his first season either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here