Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this midweek

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They can only even out over the period of 19 games, not on any 2 games
Either taking a point against a team like Brentford is a good idea or it's not. If we're going to take a point against them, then we'll be taking a point against most teams. That's not a good idea. That's not what has put us in this position.

To finish on 92 points, we need 1.68 per game. We need to hope for more than a point average against teams like Brentford. Just as we got much more than a point average against the top half away so far.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We'll have clearer idea of how high the pressure is for 3 points at Brentford after we've actually played Huddersfield.

3 points tomorrow please albion and put the Lincoln performance behind us.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We'll have clearer idea of how high the pressure is for 3 points at Brentford after we've actually played Huddersfield.

3 points tomorrow please albion and put the Lincoln performance behind us.

It was an almost entirely different squad at Lincoln to the one that will play tomorrow night. Not sure how they can put a game they didn't play in behind them.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Either taking a point against a team like Brentford is a good idea or it's not. If we're going to take a point against them, then we'll be taking a point against most teams.

If they score a last minute equaliser a point is not good, if we score a last minute equaliser a point is good.

To finish on 92 points, we need 1.68 per game. We need to hope for more than a point average against teams like Brentford. Just as we got much more than a point average against the top half away so far.

To achieve 1.68 per game so far we have won games, we have drawn games, and we have lost games, even 2 in a row. So no, do not measure by 2 games, measure by all games. We are not starting from scratch at Huddersfield.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If they score a last minute equaliser a point is not good, if we score a last minute equaliser a point is good.
You haven't followed the conversation we've had here. Yes if we get a last minute equaliser then we'll be happy to have got a point, but that's not being debated. One Love said (s)he'd take 2 points now. Now, not if we're losing with a minute to go. I'm not singling One Love out, the 'take a point' view is one many have posted here over the season. It's good option to avoid relegation or even keep a run going to finish top 6, it's not a good plan when you're trying to finish top two.

Away games to our main rivals are probably the exception, so I see the argument for taking a point away to Leeds or Huddersfield, but not against Brentford.

To achieve 1.68 per game so far we have won games, we have drawn games, and we have lost games, even 2 in a row. So no, do not measure by 2 games, measure by all games. We are not starting from scratch at Huddersfield.
You're misunderstanding. The question is, to get the points needed for promotion should we (hypothetically) take a point against Brentford? The answer is surely no.

That doesn't mean we'd be devastated if we get a point, but we should hope for more. And we need more than 1 point average.

leo.eyles

May 7, 2015
We will have a blip at some point and lose or draw games we expect to win. It's bound to happen.

At that point, we can either redouble our efforts and our focus, or we can panic and wet the bed. I'm confident I know which path Chris and the lads will take. Less confident about many on here.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
We will have a blip at some point and lose or draw games we expect to win. It's bound to happen.

At that point, we can either redouble our efforts and our focus, or we can panic and wet the bed. I'm confident I know which path Chris and the lads will take. Less confident about many on here.

Strictly speaking you have two "or'"s and one "and". So, through logic (scope of "or" is
not defined), we can (redouble our efforts and wet the bed) or (panic and wet the bed).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
It was an almost entirely different squad at Lincoln to the one that will play tomorrow night. Not sure how they can put a game they didn't play in behind them.

Agreed . Also sentiment is helped by the fact that Leeds and Newcastle did exactly the same thing, and shows to the outside world that the Top Championship teams are really focusing on getting promoted

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

We've been having a fecking blip for weeks, or have you not witnessed the smash and grabs we've been pulling out lately?

I remain hopeful for a period that we're going to smash teams similar to last season in response to the defeat at Cardiff. 4-0 Brizzle, 4-0 Leeds, 3-0 Brentford, 5-0 Fulham, 4-0 QPR spring to mind all in the space of a few weeks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

We've already had two blips:

1) end of August and beginning of September.
2) recently against PNE and Cardiff and Lincoln

Enough of blips. When are we going to start playing well, with something resembling our best team?

Looking for some good performances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We must expect both Newcastle and Leeds to win this evening but hope a couple of ex players at St James for QPR Lynch and Lua Lua can do us a favour along with 2 at Blackburn Greer and Elliott Bennett

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here