Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this midweek

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Rowett had kept their ppg going they'd be on about 50 points (quite unlikely but still...)
If Rowett were still their manager, by now, he'd have applied for another 4 more jobs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
cb0f8001b93a36d061164d451192f8d7.jpg

CH freaking out as Brentford romp home last night against the Villa

Is that Benitez behind him :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Likewise.
That's just silly. We didn't get where we are by getting a point per away game, and we won't finish top two by getting a point per away game.

Winning at home and drawing away from here on in will see us to almost 100 points, but I take your point........

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Probably because we haven't played, you really are a tosser.

I was thinking of a suitable reply, but you've nailed it 100% with this one :thumbsup:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Likewise.
That's just silly. We didn't get where we are by getting a point per away game, and we won't finish top two by getting a point per away game.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, they are two of our hardest games left. So maybe I'm silly but I'd be happy with a point in each.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We could do easily, depending on what we get at home
If we want 92 points, we need another 32 from 19 games. With 10 away draws we'd need 22 from 9 home games. That's 7 wins, a draw and a loss.

That's an unnecessarily big ask. I'd rather hope for the odd away win.

Winning at home and drawing away from here on in will see us to almost 100 points, but I take your point........
If you're offering me 9 home wins, sure I'll take that. If you're offering me 10 away draws, no thanks.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Likewise.

I agree it's negative thinking, but providing we win our home games, a point per away game may be enough. Wouldn't want to risk it though!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at the remaining fixtures, they are two of our hardest games left. So maybe I'm silly but I'd be happy with a point in each.
If we happen to get two draws, that won't be a bad return, but I'd rather take our chances and hope for more. We've got quite a few hard away games to come. Brentford are no better than most of them.
From the 7 top half teams we've already played we've got 11 points, at over 1.5 points a game. I guess I'd probably take 3 points from the next 2 games.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I do hope people aren't worried, we are five points clear. Five points! We would have bitten people's hands off for that earlier in the season, its a big gap.

Not only that, but we have two games spare

One way to look at it is that these are essentially two bonus games free where the result doesn't matter. Those games are Hudds and Newcastle. So we've effectively already played Fulham, Wednesday, Hudds, Newcastle and Preston twice and are five points clear on the same number of games. Leeds are 9 points back with a game in hand and Hudds are 11 points back with 2 games in hand.

Leaving us Reading, Leeds and Derby to play again of the big boys, plus Barnsley and Norwich of the 10 teams immediately below us in the league (5 of 17 games)

Compared to Reading who have Brighton, Newcastle, Wednesday, Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Preston and Norwich (8 of 17 games)
Or Leeds who have Brighton, Newcastle, Reading, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Preston, Fulham and Norwich (8 of 18 games)
Or Hudds, who have Brighton, Newcastle, Reading, Leeds, Derby, Preston, Barnsley, Norwich and Fulham (9 of 19 games)

and they've all got at least a 5 point deficit to make up, and have to hope we don't get anything from our bonus games :)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I do hope people aren't worried, we are five points clear. Five points! We would have bitten people's hands off for that earlier in the season, its a big gap.

Not only that, but we have two games spare

One way to look at it is that these are essentially two bonus games free where the result doesn't matter. Those games are Hudds and Newcastle. So we've effectively already played Fulham, Wednesday, Hudds, Newcastle and Preston twice and are five points clear on the same number of games. Leeds are 9 points back with a game in hand and Hudds are 11 points back with 2 games in hand.

Leaving us Reading, Leeds and Derby to play again of the big boys, plus Barnsley and Norwich of the 10 teams immediately below us in the league (5 of 17 games)

Compared to Reading who have Brighton, Newcastle, Wednesday, Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Preston and Norwich (8 of 17 games)
Or Leeds who have Brighton, Newcastle, Reading, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Preston, Fulham and Norwich (8 of 18 games)
Or Hudds, who have Brighton, Newcastle, Reading, Leeds, Derby, Preston, Barnsley, Norwich and Fulham (9 of 19 games)

and they've all got at least a 5 point deficit to make up, and have to hope we don't get anything from our bonus games :)

That's a good way of looking at it, and I agree with you. But most won't be convinced until the soon to be created 'teams that can't catch us' thread has 22 names on it.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If we want 92 points, we need another 32 from 19 games. With 10 away draws we'd need 22 from 9 home games. That's 7 wins, a draw and a loss.

That's an unnecessarily big ask. I'd rather hope for the odd away win.

If you're offering me 9 home wins, sure I'll take that. If you're offering me 10 away draws, no thanks.

We won't get 9 home wins and we won't get 10 away draws, so long as the points average out, that's all that matters. We have some of the teams in the lower half to play

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We won't get 9 home wins and we won't get 10 away draws, so long as the points average out, that's all that matters.
Obviously we expect the points to even out, which is why we shouldn't (hypothetically) take 2 points from the next 2 games. That's the whole point.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's a good way of looking at it, and I agree with you. But most won't be convinced until the soon to be created 'teams that can't catch us' thread has 22 names on it.

Looking at the table we can potentially start the teams that can't catch us thread if Rotherham lose Saturday and we win our two games....

Can you believe that... Feb the 5th and the thread could start.....

Who woulda thunk it

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Obviously we expect the points to even out, which is why we shouldn't (hypothetically) take 2 points from the next 2 games. That's the whole point.

They can only even out over the period of 19 games, not on any 2 games

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do hope people aren't worried, we are five points clear. Five points! We would have bitten people's hands off for that earlier in the season
What's that got to do with anything? Of course we'd have taken this position, we're in a fantastic position. But that's the whole point, we're in a great position, we're not actually promoted, and some people are acting like we are.

Hudds would be 8 points back with 1 game in hand since you just allowed for us losing to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here