Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Blackburn Rovers v Millwall thread

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If Millscum lose tonight they can only get 46 points in total with their two remaining games,
which is what we are already on. They would have to score 23 goals with all clean sheets
for us to be relegated.
Rotherham will be deducted 3pts so it will be between Millscum and Rotherham for the last place.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Millscum lose tonight they can only get 46 points in total with their two remaining games,
which is what we are already on. They would have to score 23 goals with all clean sheets
for us to be relegated.
Rotherham will be deducted 3pts so it will be between Millscum and Rotherham for the last place.

True but that shouldnt influence the FL disciplinary panel.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Yes but to avoid having a potential legal case they are waiting till the last minute to make a decision which may not make a difference to anyone. Unfortunately if it is still on a knife edge with one game left they will have to do the decent thing. Rotherham should assume -3 and Millwall should assume nothing and then fight for every point from there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but to avoid having a potential legal case they are waiting till the last minute to make a decision which may not make a difference to anyone. Unfortunately if it is still on a knife edge with one game left they will have to do the decent thing. Rotherham should assume -3 and Millwall should assume nothing and then fight for every point from there.

Why should there be a legal challenge as the High Court told Steve Foster they are unable to judge cases against the FL who are autonomous as you agree to the rules when joining the league.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hartlepool appealed in 2010 but failed. They can only appeal to the FL, who aren't going to change their verdict.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Why should there be a legal challenge as the High Court told Steve Foster they are unable to judge cases against the FL who are autonomous as you agree to the rules when joining the league.

given the financial implications of relegation i bet the FL don't want to risk that if they don't have to. At the moment they have a free option to delay as long as they want so why would they make a decision early?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Anyone going up?

GOING UP TO WIN THE CUP

fa-cup-420x228.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
All this worrying, quoting stats and other teams not trying ect is just thinking to hard

Brighton are safe this season.
If we go down though you can take the piss out of this statement.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A few weeks ago I could never have contemplated Millwall escaping relegation. I watched their match v Norwich and they were damned awful.

A lot has happened since then with the change of Manager and although like Brighton, the previous manager has left them with a group of players who are not really good enough, especially up front, the new manager is picking up points here and their like we did when the new manager first came in.

Consequently it is not beyond them to pick up 7 or even 9 points from the last 9......................................However, I have a feeling we ourselves might pick up a win this weekend. I don't know where the goals will come from but I just think the manager probably for the first time, really slated the players last weekend because even the players themselves came out and admitted their performance was bas. That leaves me with a sneaking feeling we might put in a decent performance this weekend........I live in hoope

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As for the Rotherham situation

I think the Football League are waiting hoping that Rotherham get safe by more than 3 points and then deduct them 3 points. I don't think they want to make a decision regarding points deduction which will affect who goes down

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
A few weeks ago I could never have contemplated Millwall escaping relegation. I watched their match v Norwich and they were damned awful.

A lot has happened since then with the change of Manager and although like Brighton, the previous manager has left them with a group of players who are not really good enough, especially up front, the new manager is picking up points here and their like we did when the new manager first came in.

Consequently it is not beyond them to pick up 7 or even 9 points from the last 9......................................However, I have a feeling we ourselves might pick up a win this weekend. I don't know where the goals will come from but I just think the manager probably for the first time, really slated the players last weekend because even the players themselves came out and admitted their performance was bas. That leaves me with a sneaking feeling we might put in a decent performance this weekend........I live in hoope

Where's Hoope? Is it near Bexhill?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Surely a draw would not be as agonising as a Millwall win. Not entirely sure where you are coming from there. SEE ME!

Well it's like this; a Millwall draw means we are not safe, hence the prolonged agony. A Wall defeat and we can breathe a sigh of relief.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well it's like this; a Millwall draw means we are not safe, hence the prolonged agony. A Wall defeat and we can breathe a sigh of relief.

Either way I'm getting hammered Saturday .

Would be nice if we could get a result to be safe but that looks impossible so the sooner the better . Come on rovers

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see millwall win tonight

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
True but that shouldnt influence the FL disciplinary panel.

I knew this would happen they will wait until the last minute hoping that Rotherham stay up and we do and then give them a small fine
3points no less .........................thankyou

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed that even some Blackburn fans, on the Championship Facebook page, say that they have lots of injuries and nothing to play for.

I will be very pleasantly surprised if Rovers win tonight. A draw would not be the end of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here