Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Big Night In

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Parts were quite good, others were predictably utter shit. Eastenders online pub - FFS.

And then all the predictable past-its: Davina McCall, Lenny Henry, Dawn French etc. YAWN.

Catherine Tate and David Tennant were excellent, and although I've just moaned at French, I thought her Vicar of Dibley sketch was actually quite good.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A memorable night.

A few of the highlights were the Zoom virtual pub quiz with the Eastenders cast, espsically when Liz McDonald zoom bombed the call and Linda barred her from the virtual pub. :lolol:

Miranda, well was Miranda, absolute genius.

Stephen Fry and prince William, when William commented 'I don't watch programmes about royalty', when Stephen Fry suggested he watch Tiger King. :lolol: :lolol: What a good egg the Prince is.

Line of the night though was from Sir Lenny, when commenting on the state of Diane Buswells hair after her boyfriend Joe Sugg had done a home and very lopsided hairt cut. Staight off the cuff he quipped 'you look like Billie Eilish's grandmother'. :rotlf:

Only sour note from me was how poorly Peter Kay looked when introducing a new video for Amarillo. :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lovely stuff Crodo.

But you've forgotten the real highlight - seeing known tax dodgers Andrew Lloyd Webber and Gary Barlow doing a song to appeal for money. A really lovely touch, that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Worth it for the Tim Vine "Here we are in my kitchen, and I've got a picture of my Mum on my fridge"

tv1.JPG

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Care to name a pub opened at present ?

Thought it was actually quite good

It was a joke. Maybe a poor one, granted. I did not watch it

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My biggest problem with this is that these charities are jumping on the coronavirus bandwagon to fund their own causes. If it was fundraising for the NHS that would help it and other associated caring organisations at this time I wouldn’t have a problem.

I thought the main point was to remind people that there are a lot of people suffering with non-coronavirus-related conditions and illnesses and that they need charity support too. I think that in a normal year, either Comic Relief, Children in Need or Sport Relief would take place and I saw this as a lower key substitute for them. All charities are suffering at the moment – I know of a few who rely on as much as 75% of their funding coming from the now-cancelled London Marathon, for example – so they need all the help they can get. Whether you think they should be asking people for money at a time like this is a valid argument, but if you can't give, then don't.

As for the show, I really enjoyed what I saw. It helped that I'd paused it during the 8pm clapping, so I could fast-forward the bits I had no interest in (such as the Deadenders pub quiz, for example). Perfectly watchable TV with the predictable derogatory comments from people on Twitter about it...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought the main point was to remind people that there are a lot of people suffering with non-coronavirus-related conditions and illnesses and that they need charity support too. I think that in a normal year, either Comic Relief, Children in Need or Sport Relief would take place and I saw this as a lower key substitute for them. All charities are suffering at the moment – I know of a few who rely on as much as 75% of their funding coming from the now-cancelled London Marathon, for example – so they need all the help they can get. Whether you think they should be asking people for money at a time like this is a valid argument, but if you can't give, then don't.

As for the show, I really enjoyed what I saw. It helped that I'd paused it during the 8pm clapping, so I could fast-forward the bits I had no interest in (such as the Deadenders pub quiz, for example). Perfectly watchable TV with the predictable derogatory comments from people on Twitter about it...

I love the way the highbrow snobs on here have the gall to call millions of people wa**ers for watching popular shows like Strictly and X factor etc.

I suppose they only watch top drawer dramas and discussions and listen to Radio 4.
Each to their own and respect other peoples choices.
Personally I hate all soaps but wouldn't dream of name calling people who watch them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here