Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Big Night In

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Just noticed the BBC have put the entire 10 series of "Spooks " up on iplayer...!

Love Spooks. Hate iplayer.

Compared to the other catch-up / on demand services (eg All4 itvHub etc) it is painfully slow. Why not just re-run Spooks on the gogglebox instead of neverending news programmes and gloomy coronavirus "specials" and crappy telephons?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A point of order. You are not forced to watch it. If you don't like it go down the pub instead

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is there really not going to be a feature-length episode of everyone's favourite Mrs Brown's Boys as the hilarious pièce de résistance of the whole event?

I'll be filing a complaint if they've missed this out - it's precisely what the country needs to lift our collective spirits.

I'm also praying there is a hilarious covid-related skit from everyone at Albert Square and maybe a humorous cameo from the Strictly judges.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm also praying there is a hilarious covid-related skit from everyone at Albert Square and maybe a humorous cameo from the Strictly judges.

I hear they're doing a socially distanced conga round the square dressed up in the theme of 1920's circus.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Maybe Bruno Tonilio in a gown and mask standing on his chair and shrieking “That was truly mesmerising! Your tango was like watching a raging bull with the huge horn! Tess, I can barely breathe - put me on a ventilator!!“

Something like that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Love Spooks. Hate iplayer.

Compared to the other catch-up / on demand services (eg All4 itvHub etc) it is painfully slow. Why not just re-run Spooks on the gogglebox instead of neverending news programmes and gloomy coronavirus "specials" and crappy telephons?

I find iplayer fine here, I struggle with C4 and ITV hub as sometimes I can't get the subtitles and I'm a bit mutt and jeff… Mrs V has the hearing of a Mouse and can't stand anything too loud. Asfor the re-runs of Spooks, since it was made the world has shifted immeasurably, " Boxed Sets " ( an absolutely ludicrous description ) are the online viewing of choice, even in lockdown if the BBC played Spooks Monday to Friday at 9 pm there would be howls of compliant. Easier to put it up there and let people take as much or as little as they want.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
As usual for this type of thing I shall ignore and then head out for my run just in time to be heading up our road at 8pm
to experience marathon running and milk the applause.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The Foo Fighters cover is actually alright, tbh.

Fair play to the BBC for finding so many pop stars when they (along with Now CDs) are on a mission to destroy British pop music & banish white people from the airways. Obviously their plans for white genocide have taken a back seat.

Jul 7, 2003
It's not been too bad so far. The Catherine Tate / David Tennant thing was good, the sporting challenge was entertaining. Amarillo was good although quite sad when you realise how many of the celebrities in the original are dead now - Ronnie Corbett, Jim Bowen ,Geoffrey from Rainbow to name but three.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's not been too bad so far. The Catherine Tate / David Tennant thing was good, the sporting challenge was entertaining. Amarillo was good although quite sad when you realise how many of the celebrities in the original are dead now - Ronnie Corbett, Jim Bowen ,Geoffrey from Rainbow to name but three.

It was a bit cringe, but I laughed at Sam Quek doing the sport challenge and falling over. Mrs Earle got all emotional over the disabled kids which cost me £30 for a text which is £60 in the pot. If I'd waited 5 minutes, I could have got 3 chances in the Morgan prize car draw for the same money:facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A point of order. You are not forced to watch it. If you don't like it go down the pub instead

Care to name a pub opened at present ?

Thought it was actually quite good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here