Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Bang Theory

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do I keep watching this, it's the new 'Friends'.

Ok so it has moments of mirth, and a set of boobies, but it's hardly rocket science.

Nevertheless a quick scroll through the tv guide, and in the absence of anything else TBBT is always my fall back option.

Are there any actual fans of the programme about?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Love it!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
In content terms How I Met Your Mother is the new Friends. In terms of being constantly on then it certainly is. I enjoy it personally, although can be cringe worthy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its cause you can identify with one or more of the characters, either to people you know or a little (or alot) of yourself. and its got plenty of titter-chuckle grade jokes along the way. you can have it on in the background while half doing something else.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Never seen an episode of friends, so can't compare it, but do find the the big bang theory very funny, for a young persons programme, (I'm an old git)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said by [MENTION=23311]halbpro[/MENTION], the friends reference is more to do with 'time spent on the listings' as opposed to programme content.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I absolutely love it.

The best comedy program on tv at the moment (new) by a mile IMO. I love it!
I take it you two are properly laughing it?

Cos that's my point, I enjoy it on a level (comfy - for want of a better word), but it's not 'must view' watching or particularly funny!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why do I keep watching this, it's the new 'Friends'.

Ok so it has moments of mirth, and a set of boobies, but it's hardly rocket science.

Nevertheless a quick scroll through the tv guide, and in the absence of anything else TBBT is always my fall back option.

Are there any actual fans of the programme about?

It's hilarious and of couse much of it actually is rocket science!

Jim Parsons is a comic genius. I'm certainly an actual fan, currently on Series 4 of the Boxed set.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I take it you two are properly laughing it?

Cos that's my point, I enjoy it on a level (comfy - for want of a better word), but it's not 'must view' watching or particularly funny!

What? Not particularly funny? Er how about the episode with Sheldon in the ballpit? Comic genius of the highest order. Bazinga!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here