Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The best beer there is....

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Russian River, Pliny The Elder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until quite recently I was living in Santa Rosa, California, so RR was basically my local. Have you been able to sample Pliny The Younger, their annual imperial IPA? Comes out for 2 weeks every Feb, and is, despite the hype, stunning stuff.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Tennants Super.
Not that I've had any of this for many years, may treat myself as I haven't been out on an alldayer for ages. :smile:

In my nautical days we mixed Tennants Super with white wine to form a ‘white wine shandy’. The hit was magnificent, the hangover however, was biblically bad :-(

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
In my nautical days we mixed Tennants Super with white wine to form a ‘white wine shandy’. The hit was magnificent, the hangover however, was biblically bad :-(

How much wine should I put in a pint glass?

Sorry I meant how much wine did you add to the Tennants? :wink: :smile:

Sounds lethal and very nice.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Pint glass with a glass of wine thrown in, topped up with Super larger. In hindsight, not the best thing to drink but at the time ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lanham Hip hop & Lanham Sundowner, just had a delivery from Lanham for 3 hip hop, 3 Sundowner, 3 best, 3 LSD, and a Lanham brewery pint glass. Its my local micro craft beer producer at Lodsworth, 4 miles from where I live. It has always been my favourite tipple but being a small brewery only supplies local supermarkets and occasionally on tap in pubs and it is more expensive than your normal favourite supermarket beers. Thought I would treat myself as have been on isolation with the wife who has been ill. Free delivery swung it for me and have had a couple each night for last couple nights:whistle: (dammitt 3rd gone already) and forgot how lovely Sundowner and hip hop is.:D:banana:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Until quite recently I was living in Santa Rosa, California, so RR was basically my local. Have you been able to sample Pliny The Younger, their annual imperial IPA? Comes out for 2 weeks every Feb, and is, despite the hype, stunning stuff.

I had a glorious 2 hours in Santa Rosa eating chicken wings and drinking Pliny The Elder on tap pretty much exactly 12 months ago to the week.

:drink:

Came home with about 6 bottles

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Lanham Hip hop & Lanham Sundowner, just had a delivery from Lanham for 3 hip hop, 3 Sundowner, 3 best, 3 LSD, and a Lanham brewery pint glass. Its my local micro craft beer producer at Lodsworth, 4 miles from where I live. It has always been my favourite tipple but being a small brewery only supplies local supermarkets and occasionally on tap in pubs and it is more expensive than your normal favourite supermarket beers. Thought I would treat myself as have been on isolation with the wife who has been ill. Free delivery swung it for me and have had a couple each night for last couple nights:whistle: (dammitt 3rd gone already) and forgot how lovely Sundowner and hip hop is.:D:banana:

Yep would agree with Hiphop. You must be a Midhurst or Petworth Lad, or maybe something a bit more exotic like Ambersham or Graffham. The other summer went to one of their Southdowns Way charity evenings with live music. all very serial getting bladdered feet away from where the good stuffs made staring at the stars. Hope your wife feels better.:wave:

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yep would agree with Hiphop. You must be a Midhurst or Petworth Lad, or maybe something a bit more exotic like Ambersham or Graffham. The other summer went to one of their Southdowns Way charity evenings with live music. all very serial getting bladdered feet away from where the good stuffs made staring at the stars. Hope your wife feels better.:wave:

Cheers, wife on the mend but still not fit yet. I have seen the Charity evenings and live music advertised and they look such fun. I would recommend the brewery tour, I have been on that and a very enjoyable afternoon was had with copious amount of good beer consumed. I may even know you if your avatar location is correct. Or maybe you have a second account?:clap::banana: I have lived where you are based twice but now live in one of the towns you mentioned.:wave:

Holding McCourt

Oct 4, 2015
BFCF19B4-4D79-4DD0-9466-AAB122EE3D82.jpeg

Worked in Leicester for a while and this was very good.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Cheers, wife on the mend but still not fit yet. I have seen the Charity evenings and live music advertised and they look such fun. I would recommend the brewery tour, I have been on that and a very enjoyable afternoon was had with copious amount of good beer consumed. I may even know you if your avatar location is correct. Or maybe you have a second account?:clap::banana: I have lived where you are based twice but now live in one of the towns you mentioned.:wave:

Well I've live here for 22 years so we may have bumped into each other particularly if your a dog owner walking over the old airfield. When we first came here it was all Pompey shirts everywhere but I'm pleased to say that there's a healthy showing of stripes now - this is in no small part due to Albion in the community being active in the local schools.As Barber said many years ago," First Brighton, then Sussex, Then the South, Then the world".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
In these weeks of bottled beer I recommend a pub takeaway. I got a 3litre container of cask Burning Sky Springtime 4.5 and it's delicious. Delivered to my door by the Duke of Wellington in Shoreham. Highly recommended. Not quite like being at the pub, but still ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here