Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Bear Pit

Do you think The Bear Pit is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 165 72.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 15.9%

• Total voters

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Hopefully it's the beginning of the end for all the off topic stuff. A sub forum for all Non related Albion stuff, would be very much appreciated by many IMO.
Threads like, Infinite jukebox, Burst pipe, Trump, and have you seen this! threads that keep bumping down the Albion stuff are bloody annoying..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hopefully it's the beginning of the end for all the off topic stuff. A sub forum for all Non related Albion stuff, would be very much appreciated by many IMO.
Threads like, Infinite jukebox, Burst pipe, Trump, and have you seen this! threads that keep bumping down the Albion stuff are bloody annoying..

Use the filter at the top of the Big Board which will give you a view like this:

https://www.northstandchat.com/foru...rune=-1&sort=lastpost&prefixid=A11&order=desc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
this is more like what we need https://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php

I know we can't afford that, it's just an example of how we need to be more organised,

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't afford" - that's hosted on XenForo which is where I see NSC ending up.

I've tentatively looked at migration plans - it takes a fair bit of work for something the size of NSC - but it's certainly achievable.

I've also been working on something else, which isn't quite ready for primetime yet, which may give you what you want.

What do you like about their setup particularly?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia

To be honest, they're my favourite parts!

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I'm not sure what you mean by "can't afford" - that's hosted on XenForo which is where I see NSC ending up.

I've tentatively looked at migration plans - it takes a fair bit of work for something the size of NSC - but it's certainly achievable.

I've also been working on something else, which isn't quite ready for primetime yet, which may give you what you want.

I can tell you what I like....

- Next match part at the top with some basic team stats

- The news snippets underneath

- Their thread overview sections

What don't I like?

- Members online now (who cares?)

Edit* Should probably add I only looked at the home page and nothing else. Might be crap when you start clicking through.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Impressive! I didn't know we could do that!

Think I'll stay with where I've always been though - all threads; sometimes other threads are interesting, and the Bear Pit is very good for filtering out the carp.
:thumbsup:

we had carp in our pond, nightmare, it's been a pleasure since got rid

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

I really like the frontpage. It serves as a main hub to all the important team news, without any sign of off topic content. The layout in general is nicer.
I would even sub the site if ours was that tidy and no junk threads.

I could imagine how quality it would look, with an aerial shot of the amex behind the scrolling main page news.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here