Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Back from Liverpool' thread

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
Some very unfair comments about the result. First half was great to watch. Possession was 50/50 and we had a couple more shots on goal, the guys were definitely going for it. LuaLua was out to impress people and I think they all played to to the best of their abilities. You can't really ask for more.

Let's not forget Liverpool put out their full team, no reserves or youngsters for us.

The second half was poor, no doubt which manager gave the best half time talk. The guys didn't come out with the same fire. Lots of passing and slow play like they had lost their bottle and didn't want to be the one to mess up a play. Not enough shots on goal and when the ball was put in the box (Noone/Lualua) there was no one there to pick it up.

The result was the one I dreaded but as fans we always hold out that little bit of hope that we will be the upset of the competition. Am i glad i went, absolutely, if i hadn't and we had turned them over I would could never call myself Brighton again.

and of course no matter how bad things get, i can always take solace in the fact I'm not a f***ing Palace Fan :sheep:

Back to the league boys and let's go for the play offs.

MOTM lualua

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and considering that full side, i thought we managed to walk though their midfield on many occasions, we lack creativity and execution in the final third. the result didnt completly reflect the game imo, 3 freak OGs flatter them a little. though they did come out very strong in the second half and scored the 3rd that killed it.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
going by the location sk13 i would guess at skelmersdale,just north of liverpool

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
What fooking difference does it make where he lives? Cheers upnorthnow, why do you think things went tits up 2nd half?

Thanks - the clue is in my username :D I don't honestly know, there is a lot of pressure/superstition about hallowed grounds like OT and Anfield. I wonder if that got the better of them of or if they simply stopped believing they could do it. If we had gone out 1-1 at half time we might have come out blazing again, I still think Liverpool would have one but the two halves were sooo different. The first was really exciting, the second, well tbh it was a bit painful :(

And yes, Glossop.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
I thought we were ok until they got their 3rd and then everytime we broke down in the final 3rd they would break and score ...I enjoyed the day out and that is the main thing ..glad to be home to watch the highlights LOL

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Back in the midlands/ Great day despite the result - and the tickets that the "ticket office processing error" dumped us in at the back of the corner Block 129.

Whilst i'm annoyed that we paid for, and booked early enough to get better seats, the biggest Fail here has to be Liverpool allowing a corner of one of the most revered and famous stadiums in the world tp have such appalling seats that the view is virtually non-existant and you're totally detached from the atmosphere of the rest of the stadium. We sang our hearts out but with a tin roof just above and in front of us I doubt anyone else heard us!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been back home for a while now... never seen us concede six before, however it won't take the gloss off the day. Ever the optimist I'll say that the FA Cup was a fun distraction. And drawing Stoke next round kind of had me shrugging my shoulders in miserable disbelief. Had a great day and our support was pretty much magnificent, well done girls and guys!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
the liverpool fans seemed to start singing when they were 4-1 up.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought we were ok until they got their 3rd and then everytime we broke down in the final 3rd they would break and score ...I enjoyed the day out and that is the main thing ..glad to be home to watch the highlights LOL

The first hour or so was pretty good. The goal just before half time was harsh on us and the third was a killer

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Liverpool are a good counter-attacking team and the second goal was the turning point. If Sexy Pete had caught the ball or punched it away from the goal, instead of fisting it 20 feet into the air we might have stood a chance.

The substitution of Noone for Bomber at half time meant we were always likely to be exposed at the back in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here