Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Back from Liverpool' thread

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ps - just gone through my favourite bit of road. Junction 7 on the m25 where you keep right for Brighton rather than left for Croydon.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just got in, my thoughts are exactly the same as before I went. Brezovan has been having a good run in side but is not a very good goalkeeper, Bridcutt and Navarro cannot play in the same side, Vokes is not a goalscorer and should play with Cms up front and Ashley Barnes is Poyet's love child...All the same thoughts I had at 9.30 this morning when I left.....oh and Noone always tries to take on one man to many and is very much our third choice winger, oh make that 4th now, with the City lad coming in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cars seem to be faster nowadays In the good ??? old days we did not get back from Rochdale until five o'clock in the afternoon of the following day.

Just back in Brighton, thought we were good first half, but poor defending let us down. Bridcutt will be remebered for his two unlucky OG's but otherwise he was great again, our only Prem class player, except Greer who I thought was surprisingly competent against Carroll.
Real shame about the 2nd half tonking, but will have good memories of Kaz's rocket at the Kop end.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just got in, my thoughts are exactly the same as before I went. Brezovan has been having a good run in side but is not a very good goalkeeper, Bridcutt and Navarro cannot play in the same side, Vokes is not a goalscorer and should play with Cms up front and Ashley Barnes is Poyet's love child...All the same thoughts I had at 9.30 this morning when I left.....oh and Noone always tries to take on one man to many and is very much our third choice winger, oh make that 4th now, with the City lad coming in.

This. Pedestrian football my arse liverpool cut us apart with their crisp incisive ON THE DECK passing resulting in quality deliveries. Another day could have been a cricket score.

Glaf we have potentially four players coming in for Hull game.

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
429591_3083951172175_1065746561_2976281_827135470_n.jpg

Anyone know whats in a scouse pie?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This. Pedestrian football my arse liverpool cut us apart with their crisp incisive ON THE DECK passing resulting in quality deliveries. Another day could have been a cricket score.

Glaf we have potentially four players coming in for Hull game.

Yeh, and on another day they could've scored none.

Hull have a quarter of the quality of Liverpool; the Brighton players on the pitch today can beat Hull.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
429591_3083951172175_1065746561_2976281_827135470_n.jpg

Dead rats I expect. Have to say that we complain to much about the catering at the mex... Liverpool's was dire, in my own experience. Oh and they ran out of steak pies, I had the meat and potato, but it was pretty good.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Dead rats I expect. Have to say that we complain to much about the catering at the mex... Liverpool's was dire, in my own experience. Oh and they ran out of steak pies, I had the meat and potato, but it was pretty good.

I thought the service, choice and quality was excellent. Well done, Liverpool!

Traditional Dish

Scouse is a lamb stew that has been handed down between generations of Liverpudlians. The word comes from Lobscouse, a stew eaten by sailors in Northern Europe that became popular in ports like Liverpool.

Over the centuries, the dish has become so intertwined with Liverpool that the local accent and dialect have come to be known as Scouse. Meanwhile, natives of the city are referred to as Scousers.

Traditionally, scouse was made using leftovers from a joint of meat from the start of the week. But it's now perfectly acceptable to use fresh ingredients, as with the recipe below.

It's still a cost-effective recipe, as one pan of scouse will go a long way. The dish can be refrigerated, re-heated and even added to, providing more than just one meal.

Ingredients
•2lb lamb neck fillet, diced (preferably into large chunks, as with the vegetables used in the recipe)
•2lb King Edward potatoes, diced
•Half a large swede, diced
•3 large carrots, diced
•2 onions, diced
•1pt lamb stock
•Handful of chopped parsley, rosemary and thyme
•Salt and pepper to taste

Method
1.Heat a little oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and soften. Then add the lamb and fry over a moderate heat until browned.
2.Drain off the excess fat then pour in the stock. Add the herbs, salt and pepper.
3.Throw in the potatoes, swede and carrots. Make sure they are covered by the stock. If not, add more water and another stock cube if necessary.
4.Bring to the boil, then simmer over a very low heat for at least an hour, stirring occasionally (timing will depend on personal preference. Some people like their scouse to resemble a thin soup, while others prefer a stodgy mush produced by several hours of simmering).

Serving Suggestion

The dish can be served immediately. However, it usually has more flavor after it has been stored in the fridge overnight and reheated.

Traditionally, scouse is served with pickled beetroot or red cabbage, and white bread and butter.

Variations

The vegetarian option is known as "blind scouse". This is achieved by merely omitting the meat from the recipe.

There is no definitive scouse recipe. It varies between households, with some of the above ingredients taken out or different ones added. The dish can also be made with beef.

Read more at Suite101: Scouse Recipe - Savoury Lamb Stew: How to Make the Signature Dish of Liverpool - Home of the Beatles | Suite101.com Scouse Recipe - Savoury Lamb Stew: How to Make the Signature Dish of Liverpool - Home of the Beatles | Suite101.com

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Attack and Midfield werent brilliant but the defense was awful today - i think Brez should be dropped for the Hull game so we can see if Casper is ready to be our first choice again. Id also drop Navarro and Barnes and have Lua Lua starting next week too.

Just wasnt good enough today at all, i dont think we really improved since Millwall last week and we were made to pay. At least it has brought the team back down to earth and now we can fully concentrate on the league.

Support today was fantastic, even when we were 6-1 down we were still singing...yet the Scousers barely sung when they were 6-1 up :lol: Dont think today was worth 13 hours on a coach though, although was good to go to Anfield and see 1 goal scored for us.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Home at last why when you are last off the coach can't people get off where they get on rather than "could you drop me somewhere else"

Just watched Lua Lua's goal and what a strike

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And also it really makes you appreciate the Amex when you compare it to somewhere famous like Anfield with its crap seats, crap concourse, small pitch, crap view if you were unlucky to get at the back and crap support

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Just got back, what a result!

Thought our new red away kit looked proper smart, and that new loan signing with the pony tail looked well sharp up front.

Bring on Stoke!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Just got back to Pompey. On reflection had a great day out with friends, first ever trip to Anfield and we supported our boys well.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yeah, but we beat Man Utd at Old Trafford and have not been embarassed in front of the TV cameras by scoring OG'S and getting thumped 6-1.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Due to the ticketing error, I was also dumped in Block 129, could see F all so decided to move and go to the toilet. As I was underneath the concourse we scored! Serves me right I guess , howevere that meant I was allowed throgh to the best seats and had a perfect view of the game. Best part about the day was the valley pub before the game. Totally something from Life On Mars, £2.30 a pint and £1.20 a bottle. Great day ruined by 45 minuets. Atmosphere wasn't great due to the singers not being condensed into one area. (Sorry for sp. On my phone on the train)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah, but we beat a reserve Man Utd at Old Trafford and have not been embarassed in front of the TV cameras by scoring OG'S and getting thumped 6-1 by a very very strong Liverpool first team.

Dont worry it'll all be forgotten in a few weeks.

Besides the NINE NIL is still on you tube. Maybe the mods can make it a sticky for awhile :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here