Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Each update I see suggests it is getting further away from this part of Sussex. Oh deary me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Snow risk seems to have been progressively downgraded during today for the next couple of days. Quite possible there will be some in the coming days though.........no obvious end in sight to the cold weather. Look at the predicted temps (with windchill) for the next week or so.......

6978EA9F-E39D-4D66-9822-616B587DF60F.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Snow risk seems to have been progressively downgraded during today for the next couple of days. Quite possible there will be some in the coming days though.........no obvious end in sight to the cold weather. Look at the predicted temps (with windchill) for the next week or so.......

View attachment 133486

Ideal running in shorts weather.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

View attachment 133486

Both the Meteo Group & Met Office super computers still have us on course for snow.

0D45634C-6018-4AAE-8E3C-43B340E3911F.png

503D66E4-5E14-4D42-A99A-BE3C3305ACB9.png

Flex Your Head

Snow rows.PNG
This is the chart for Brighton. It's going to get rather cold, there will be snow. We usually get cautiously excited when snow rows hit 15 or 16, but we have them at the max for a while with 33 out of 33. As close to being nailed on as it can be.

The temps shown aren't for ground level, but the sudden plunge will be felt on the ground for sure, and with a strong easterly wind, it'll feel pretty raw!

Meanwhile, Uncle S might get a light frost :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Both the Meteo Group & Met Office super computers still have us on course for snow.

View attachment 133488

View attachment 133489

The met office precip % have fallen on each of the last few updates (for Burgess Hill at least) and are also now showing quite a few ‘cloudy only’ spells. This time yesterday it was persistent snow from 1am tonight through most of Monday.

Suspect they’ll be wrong one way or the other anyway 😂😂

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
View attachment 133490
This is the chart for Brighton. It's going to get rather cold, there will be snow. We usually get cautiously excited when snow rows hit 15 or 16, but we have them at the max for a while with 33 out of 33. As close to being nailed on as it can be.

The temps shown aren't for ground level, but the sudden plunge will be felt on the ground for sure, and with a strong easterly wind, it'll feel pretty raw!

Meanwhile, Uncle S might get a light frost :thumbsup:

cheers for this.

What about west sussex ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The met office precip % have fallen on each of the last few updates (for Burgess Hill at least) and are also now showing quite a few ‘cloudy only’ spells. This time yesterday it was persistent snow from 1am tonight through most of Monday.

Suspect they’ll be wrong one way or the other anyway 😂😂

Do you want it to snow?

I’ve never grown out of loving it. Every adult I know hates it, the effect on travel, making pavements dangerous. I suspect a couple of other NSC’ers like it too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you want it to snow?

I’ve never grown out of loving it. Every adult I know hates it, the effect on travel, making pavements dangerous. I suspect a couple of other NSC’ers like it too.

I love it when I don’t have to go anywhere and can watch it out of the window.
When I lived up north, I had some awful journeys home from work, especially when some councils didn’t grit the roads.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interestingly freezing your nuts increases your sperm count.

Obvs doing anything with them with a tiny frozen peanut is problematic.
Indeed, that's the " issue"! [emoji6]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here