[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Regardless of any snow, looks like the temperatures over at least the next few days are going to be a bit grim........at least with the windchill. Long time since we’ve had such bitter easterlies forecast.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are we going to see any of our games postponed ?

If Burnley home games were postponed because the conditions were bleak they'd never play at home again

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If Burnley home games were postponed because the conditions were bleak they'd never play at home again

Genuine LOL, the bleakest of all the bleak towns, in so many ways.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
But what is uncle Spielberg’s take on this ? Currently 8 degrees Celsius, no snow ?

Today will remain warm. Saturday as well, on the warmer side with some rain. But it's all change once the sun sets on Saturday. It'll start to cool down rapidly and once we move into the very early hours of Sunday the chances of snow will increase significantly. Daytime through Sunday, it will be cold with potential for snow throughout the day. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday all expected to remain cold enough for snow if there's any precipitation - even in Brighton. At the moment, GFS-based forecasts are suggesting max temps Monday and Tuesday that remain below freezing.

With luck, we'll be waking up to snow on the ground on Sunday morning with more on the way.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Hadn't realised there is a low pressure front coming up from the south. If that hits the easterly, there could be a dumping event for us. Time to move my marginal hardies undercover, just in case.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
South east news just said there's a possibility for 15-20 cms in places

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hadn't realised there is a low pressure front coming up from the south. If that hits the easterly, there could be a dumping event for us. Time to move my marginal hardies undercover, just in case.
You might need to bring your Laurel's in too if you can [emoji6]

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Those places not being Sussex most probably.

Yes, BBC TV forecast at lunchtime said that the areas most likely to have heavy and persistent snow early next week were the extreme south-east - Kent and East Anglia. Further West will probably be scattered snow showers or flurries, rather than it 'flumping' down!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Going Commando? At your age? I should think you would cover up.

Erm, no!
Shreddies worn at all times...I don't like the rattle. I was actually referring to my phoenix dactylifera, rhapis and trithrinax. Already moved musa sikkimensis under the gazebo and some cycas panzhihuaensis.
Too much time and money invested in my babies to risk them becoming a statistic

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Erm, no!
Shreddies worn at all times...I don't like the rattle. I was actually referring to my phoenix dactylifera, rhapis and trithrinax. Already moved musa sikkimensis under the gazebo and some cycas panzhihuaensis.
Too much time and money invested in my babies to risk them becoming a statistic

Well what do you expect, what sort of fool sticks them in a garden in bloody Brighton :rolleyes:

I expect more pictures this year :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports