Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really hammering it down in Crawley

Flex Your Head

Far more chance of cold and possibly snow during the first half of winter than for the past few years.

Found this on the 'Brighton Past' FB page - Brighton seafront, winter 62/63.

Brighton snow.jpg

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Looks like it's just going to be cold for a while. And when a weather system eventually makes its way over us it will become milder and it will be rain.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just for fun really at this range, but I do have a lot of time for Gavin's updates.

Enjoy. Merry Christmas

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
To be honest later this month is on a knife edge as can go either way. If we don't get HP moving north of the UK then we won't get cold NE/E winds to tap into the huge cold pool, the HP could quite easily sit to our S/SW and give us westerlies instead. We won't know for sure till around 7/8 Dec.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To be honest later this month is on a knife edge as can go either way. If we don't get HP moving north of the UK then we won't get cold NE/E winds to tap into the huge cold pool, the HP could quite easily sit to our S/SW and give us westerlies instead. We won't know for sure till around 7/8 Dec.
Bartlett high please!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So in summary, there is a chance that we could see some serious flumpage before the end of December. But there is also a chance that we won't see any.

Anyone care to put some %'s to these two scenarios?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So in summary, there is a chance that we could see some serious flumpage before the end of December. But there is also a chance that we won't see any.

Anyone care to put some %'s to these two scenarios?

50 for each... at this range there's not much publicly available data to decide one way or another.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Its just not going to happen. That's not me saying it wont, but its always our luck down here that more often than not, we will miss it and get a soaking instead.

Fingers crossed for it.

Come on the North Westerly

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Its just not going to happen. That's not me saying it wont, but its always our luck down here that more often than not, we will miss it and get a soaking instead.

Fingers crossed for it.

Come on the North Westerly

I agree. Perhaps this year (like December 2010) will be different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here