[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Early January, a perfect rare n/e airflow with showers and no cold weather there or in the East, 6 c by day 2 c by night and rain all week. A very poor outcome

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
A nationwide freeze is due in 3 weeks similar to March 18 due to a SSW according to various reports. Make of that what you wish.
Will see in due course

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Early January, a perfect rare n/e airflow with showers and no cold weather there or in the East, 6 c by day 2 c by night and rain all week. A very poor outcome

Can't disagree with that. It hasn't happened. It still could happen though!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Come on then, where is it and reply to points made

I can't speak for Sussex, we've had snow on and off for a week here now, though predominantly on higher ground.

snow.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It was snowing when I took the dog out onto the Downs around 10pm last night. Very lightly though and it was never going to lead to any ground coverage, alas.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Still all up in the air (excuse the pun) as to what happens after the SSW (Sudden Stratospheric Warming for any who don't know) that's just getting underway today-ish. Notoriously difficult to predict what happens once an SSW kicks into gear. if we get lucky, we could get ideal snow conditions. To be fair, in terms of general weather patterns the Christmas / New Year period was actually pretty good for snow potential. Only problem is it happened while Europe was still *too warm*, so when we had easterly / nor-easterly winds they weren't drawing from cold air masses and we stayed a few degrees C too warm for consistent snow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was snowing when I took the dog out onto the Downs around 10pm last night. Very lightly though and it was never going to lead to any ground coverage, alas.

There was a reasonable dusting in the hills around Findon and I suspect a decent layer looking up to Chanctonbury. A good amount on the Northern side of the Storrington hills too.

But it cut off East of Chanctonbury and South of Findon I think. Must have been quite a thin streamer that turned to rain by morning/sleet by morning.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Even Madrid has had snow and we still haven't

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mrs Crodo woke up to 4 inches this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports